“Great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We've vacationed in Virginia Beach every year for the last 18 years. This is the first time we stayed at the Dolphin Inn, but it certainly won't be our last! Let me start with the staff....everyone has been so helpful and cheerful. The front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance are very pleasant, and go the extra mile to make your stay the best! And the room is very comfortable and clean. If you're looking for luxury accomodations, then by all means, go to the HIlton! But, if you want a relaxing, enjoyable stay at a great price, then the Dolphin Inn should be at the top of your list. We love it here, and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Paw Paw, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We return to Virginia Beach every October and stay at the Dolphin Inn. It is a good deal for the price. We have the suite with a bedroom, Fridge - Microwave - sink - and dishes. All the rooms look over the ocean with a balcony. Ask for a higher floor so you can see over the lights on the boardwalk. The hotel is just about in the heart of everything. We look forward to our trip every year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The sofas are dirty, have torn worn places on them, our bathroom was ok except for peeling paint on the door, our bedroom ceiling had a huge black mold/dirt on it the hallways had filthy carpet, there is trash all around the exit door to the beach, dirty socks, liquor bottles, the overall impression is very disgusting. Went for a soccer tourney...wil never ever return. Gross!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Shelley W
Waynesboro, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before it's been a few years but we were excited to go back. It was a lot like we remembered there are some cosmetic things but it looked like previous guest had a party of something we did not expect the hotel to buy all new furniture though. Our room was clean and that is the most important thing to us. We have stayed in pretty much all the hotels between 9-16 streets minus the boardwalk of course and this is a nice properly. The pool is small we did forget that part but the kids still had fun. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Dolphin Hotel again this year for my sister's birthday. We requested a corner room which has a front and back balcony. This gives you the luxury of looking at the water or the main street. The staff were very friendly as usual but we were unable to use the front balcony as much as we wanted due to other guest standing and sitting in the walkway to smoke or watch the parade. We found this very disruptive. We were told upon our departure that if we had call the front desk they would have taken care of this problem. We would most differently stay here again. The room was clean and comfortable

Room Tip: corner rooms are sunny with two balconies
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I came down to virginia beach for the first time to see my daughter and I arrived in the room with me and my mom and best friend. well! I pulled the sheets back and they were dirty . I called the office and told them . Then they came and changed the bedding on both beds. Those were also stained . Smh! This was suppose to be a fun trip and it totally turned out to be a night mare! the only good was I got to see my daughter really.

SO I WOKE UP ON THE DAY OFF CHECK OUT AND THERE WAS WELPS AND BITES ALL OVER MY BODY ! it was SO GROSS MY BEST FRIEND SAID IT LOOKED LIKE BED BUGS. SHE GOOGLED IT AND THOSE THINGS LOOK GROSS . MY MOM CALLED THE FRONT DESK WHILE I CALLED 911 for help and care . ( At that moment I wanted to sue them so bad. SO THE EMT confermed that IT WAS BED BUGS GROSS. AT THAT TIME A TERMINATOR WAS IN THE ROOM MY MOM WAS YELLING MY BF WAS TO AGRUEING AND IM STANDING THERE ITCHING REALLY BAD . THE HOTEL DENIED IT FOR A SECOND BUT AS SOON. AS THEY PULLED THE BED UP THERE WAS A LIVE ONE AND THE GUY STEPPED ON IT. THEN THE OTHER MATRESS GOT LIFTED UP AN THERE WAS EVEN MORE THERE. THE MAID SAID IT WAS BED BUGS . I USED TWEEZERS AND PUT THE BUG INTO A SANDWITCH BAGGY THAT we brought along .

It was a 5 hour drive back home once we got home we put all of our luggage n to moms extra veichcal . Luckily it's cold out so if there was any eggs on the stuff they'd freeze .that's what google said.
Then a day later after rest I went to the hospital with the dead bug in the baggy. I got seen right awAy with no waiting . I guess they thought it was serious . I told them about the hotel and that this was the bug that bit me and that I thought it was a bed bug. So they said it was good that I brought the bug that nastfully bit me all over. The doctor sent the bug off for testing . Later I found out it was confermed a bed bug and that the bug also

SO THEN EVERY SINGLE THING THAT WE BROUGHT HAD TO BE WASHED AT A LAUNDRY MAT IT WAS SOO EXPENSIVE .

• Stayed June 2012