“Got the job done, I guess.”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Economy Inn
Ranked #104 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We ended up staying here because our reservation got messed up at another hotel. The price was relatively low for five days, only 50 bucks a night and the room was large enough for two people. Overall it was pretty quiet all but the last night where we had loud neighbors. Unfortunately, there were bad points. The location was in the ghetto and kind of scary, including cops patroling the parking lot, the shower took literally ten minutes to focus and was always too hot, the maid only came every other day so we never had fresh towels and had to go searching for them and the ice machine was broken.. overall it got the job done but we could do better next time..

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank RachaelFace

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We arrived July 30th at 8pm. this was the only hotel around that had openings. At first she said it was 175 a night. I paid the lady and we started to walk and find food but she came out to us and stated we owed her 25 more dollars... no recite for any of this. we come back around midnight we unpack and go in the room and the people beside us are leaving because of bugs. we get in and its very "unclean" so we start checking.. roaches in the drawers and leaking toilet. I go to get a refund to leave and she states she does not believe me. States she will check and move me. so the "man" of the place takes me to a new room. There is a "LARGE" pack of condoms in the drawer and roaches in the tub. I say no. we want to leave. so then he tries to get us to go in the room that the people complaining of bugs just left. i say no. the Woman at the desk says she will give me a $100 back but will not refund. My family talk it over and we decide to take the $100 and leave. This was so bad. so unclean and the fact that they knew they had bugs but said they just got new cleaning crew made it worse.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank ldy_dragonflys
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I have been to the site before i went to the motel, and asked the manager why there was a bad review, I showed him what it said, and he told me, "a bunch of idiotic teens wrote that cause we have a law suit against them, the room they had was trashed, they broke lamps, tables, and destroyed motel property." So don't let the other review fool you, when me and my family went, we made sure to go early, so we would get the best rate. They gave us a nice little room for cheaper than any other places we had seen. The AC was nice and cold in the room, and the room smelled like flowers. Good friendly people that knew a lot about the tourist attractions. Next time in Va Beach, we are definitely staying here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank KRAZEEKETAN
Reviewed July 13, 2010

During the 4th of july weekend went with the family for a weekend of fun in the sun. Went all over the beach looking for a room for the night. The last hotel with any rooms was this one. The lady in the front desk told me that it was 93 dollars for the nite. The room was dirty the beds smelled and the lil refrig. didnt even work. The remote control was missing buttons and the back. Went back home and checked my bank statement and saw that they charged me 277 for the nite. They didnt even tell me that the room cost that much. I called back to see if i could get my money back they told me that they really did tell me the price when i paid them. They are unover price hotel and they really dont care to over charge people.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank acevedo2009
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We was told by the owner this was a nice place. MAYBE IN THE 50'S OR 60'S!!!
Me and a friend took a bike road trip and went here to stay the weekend. After we got here we was watching the weather forcast to see what our weekend trip home was going to be like. According to the forcast it was going to storm all weekend after Friday night, so we talked about it and decided we was going to leave on Saturday morning. I ask the owner since there was some bad weather coming in could we get a refund for one day (we paid for 2 nights in advance) (which was a mistake) and (I ask her this approx. 1 hour after we paid her) she said "NO IT'S ONLY GIVING 40% CHANCE OF RAIN". and I honestly believe the only thing she could understand was the all miighty dollar sign. The owner was not interested at all that we had a 600 mile ride back home all she was concerned about was the money and could had cared less. The rooms smelled, the floors was nasty and the A/C barely worked!!! We was VERY / VERY DISSATISIFIED WITH OUR STAY AND WILL NOT GO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends