All reviews activity center across the street living room galley kitchen rudee inlet mini kitchen indoor pool week stay washers and dryers south end towel exchange fantastic stay short walk to the beach pull out sofa hot tub stove top restaurants within walking distance
Reviewed January 7, 2011

This was a terrible experience from the staff to the bosses. Everyone who is expecting
a great stay===BEWARE+++++. Nothing good to say. Would not at all recommend!!!!!!
There is a much better choice with better everything and that is The Atrium in Virginia
Beach, VA.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank techampion
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

I apologize that your experience during your vacation did not meet your expectations. I have been unsuccessful in reaching you to better explain why you were denied seating for a resort preview dinner that you had not RSVP'd to attend. I sincerely hope that you will participate in future opportunities and that you confirm your attendance in advance so that the resort team can plan appropriately.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

After reading several reviews we were not sure what to expect from this resort. However upon our arrival we were quite surprised. The staff was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. They went above and beyond to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Since this was our first time in Virginia Beach they helped us plan our tours of this wonderful area - Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Aquarium, the Zoo just to name a few. There are so many good restaurants in the surrounding area. We did not cook as much as we normally would when on vacation. The kitchen was smaller than we were used to but sufficed our needs. It had all the necessary amenities. The rooms were exceptionally clean. We had a 2-bedroom with the 2nd room off the living room. It was well designed and nicely decorated. We were so impressed with the staff and this area especially the front desk and the activities director who went out of there way to cater to all our needs. We are planning to return next year. As a side note the restaurant - Roma's connected to the main lobby is well worth checking out - convenient, good food, good prices.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your first vacation with the Ocean Key Resort. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

This was a timeshare week and I was very very pleased with my stay and the weather was definitely on my side. I am very pleased with the renovations and the new owners have definitely made some very positive differences. The staff was very helpful and friendly and any request were quickly responded too. I did have to request wash cloths since there were only 2 but six towels. The unit was furnished with everything I need to cook or eat with. Television in both the bedroom and living room was great. I do wish the spa and pool were not on the lobby level. The convenience of walking distance to the beach and restaurants was great. This is off season so the trolley bus is not operating, but taxes are easy to get. It was a fantastic week! I can't wait to return and hope the new owners will continue to operate with such class and professionalism.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

We appreciate your positive feedback on the improvements and service at the Ocean Key Resort. Thank you for your continued timeshare ownership with us and we look forward to your next vacation in Virginia Beach.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

My family and I unfortunately vacationed at this "resort" last week. From the moment we arrived, we knew we had made a terrible error in selecting Ocean Key Resorts! Our children were exposed to secondhand smoke throughout our stay despite the fact that this is a non-smoking establishment. However, this rule is clearly not enforced, particularly at night.

On our very first night, we could not sleep due to the smoking, partying, screaming, and door slamming that disrupted the enitre 9th floor of the premises. There was more screaming and cursing the next evening just outside our room at the vending machines.

Additionally, our room was not fully cleaned prior to our check-in and we found unused pills on the floor in the bedroom!!! We could not determine what type of pharmaceutical or illicit drug it was. Suffice to say, we were quite angry due to the fact that we have a toddler and a baby and anything could have happened if our children had found them first! It's inexcusable that our family was put in harm's way due to the negligence of management and staff.

Despite being diligent in making several complaints and in leaving messages with both staff and management, our problems were never addressed. In fact, both the inexperienced staff and absentee managers proved completely nonresponsive and oblivious to complaints. The policy seems to be "to dodge and ignore" complaints and problems in the hopes that the guests will just become complacent and put up with the trouble during their stay or just leave early. We chose the latter. Despite having reserved a full week at Ocean Key, we opted to leave two days early. It was at this point that managers suddenly wanted to meet with me to dissuade me in our decision. Though, by this time it was just too late, our vacation had been ruined.

If you're seeking a clean hotel with a family atmosphere, you would be well-advised to avoid Ocean Key Resorts at all costs!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank WilliamH077
mcolsonvsaok, Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

I apologize that you did not experience our promise of Value, Service and Atmosphere and I hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I am so displeased with this place. The pool is in the lobby and very small the bathrooms for the pool are disgusting. The rooms do have nice TVs put the carpet was smelly. The kitchenette is small, the dishes were dirty, the bathroom was a lot of wasted space. There is no view unless you pay more. Parking is tight and dark. The staff is rude as if we are bothering them. I spoke with a lady named Joann she was so unfriendly I almost asked for a refund, if I had not just drove 400 miles. The manager is not much better. I will never come back to this place again. The restaurant was dirty, loud, and food was overpriced and cold. Spend your money on a better place!

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank nothappy123456

I apologize that you did not enjoy your vacation with us and have addressed your feedback. I hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.