I stayed at the Resort for Thanksgiving week. The Resort staff were all professional and treated my wife and the family in a pleasant way. They even gave a parking pass for our daughter and our grandchildren so that they could visit and use the pool and the recreational room with us. The pool at times was cold but once peolpe were in it it got warmer. Part of the problem is that the pool is not fully enclosed and when people open the outside door it gets cold getting out of the pool and going back to your room. The Recreational room had air hockey and pool for $1a game. They also had other games that varied in price to play. They had a computer that you could use and an exercise area.they also had a childrens play room and activities to involve them which is a bonus. I liked the fact that we could walk the boardwalk and the beach. The restaurant in the resort was fine for pizza and meals for our grandchildren but they are not open for breakfast which means you either have to make breakfast in your room or go to a place on the boardwalk. This hurts especially when you are on vacation and do not want to go far with the family.The rooms though did supply all the essentials to cook . The restaurant across the street from the resort has wonderful food and it well worth it . It is a little pricey and i do not recommmend it with kids. The cable in the room had all the sports channels and channels for the children. I agree with a comment that another reviewer said when he said you could hear the person next door due to paper thin walls. . This is the only bad thing about the room. The view We had on the 8th floor was wonderful especially overlooking the ocean. The trip is also worth seeing the X-Mas lights on the beach. I would recommend satying there and at their other Resorts they own. Staff are the best and alway helpful. Bill Mitchell does a wonderful job with his staff to make everyone feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Ocean Key Resort is located at the serene south end of Virginia Beach, the 142 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with beach accents and soft colors. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• Fitness Center• Activities Center & Gaming Room• Party Deck & Sun Patio• On-site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Ocean Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Key Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Resort Virginia Beach Virginia
- Ocean Key Resort Va Beach