“great people”
Review of Ocean Key Resort

Ocean Key Resort
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Ocean Key Resort the week of October 13th 2012. I booked this hotel through RCI and was unsure of the room situation as RCI tells you they have no control over which room you get. When i called the hotel they said they assign rooms at time of check in. I had asked for an oceanview room before i got there and was told that it would be a 30 dollar a day upgrade for that. I declined that when i got there because it would be another 180 dollars which i felt was a lot for an oceanview that is across the street. I was booked into a "marina view" room on the backside of the building. The rooms are great in this resort, very clean, up to date and great comfortable beds but unfortunately the marina views rooms also overlook a very busy highway directly below your balcony and you can't hardly hear yourself think when on the balcony. So i would highly suggest if you stay there ask for a room on the beach side oceanview or a south facing room. All other aspects of our stay get very high marks. Great friendly people, very clean resort and very good food right on site. awesome pizza. Also directly across the street is Watermans, problably the best restaurant in VB. superb services. The beach access is very easy also and dtirectly in front. I want to give special thanks to Christina Collins who made the whole stay the best. She was one of the most polite and caring resort employees i have ever met. Sometimes the people you deal with on your travels cn make all the difference. She's awesome.

Room Tip: front facing beach or south view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank richard t
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your recent stay at Ocean Key Resort. We recognize the fact that you have a choice in where you vacation and we appreciate you making VSA Resorts your choice. Thank you for taking the time to include our amenities, restaurant and staff especially Cristina. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stayed at Ocean Key Resort I had a wonderful visit. The staff was great; very, respectful and courteous. The rooms were nice and clean. Plenty of towels, pillows and bed linen. The bed was HUGE; I also liked the kissing Swans that were made out of towels on my bed. I took advantaged of all the amenities that were made available to me swimming pool, game room, workout room, balcony and so much more. They even have a restaurant on site that will deliver to your room. I order a pizza and sub; honesty by the time I went downstairs to get a soda the delivery guy was bringing my food. I loved this stay and I plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: "you want to stay at the best hotel on the Ocean Front stay at Ocean Key Resort"
1  Thank Samantha L

Thank you for choosing Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our amenities and our restaurant. Thank you for taking the time to include our staff in your feedback. VSA Resorts looks forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The location was perfect. One block away from the beach. Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle. The resort was very nicely decorated and well equiped for our week's stay. The units were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. Everyone greeted you with a smile on their face. The parking was free. The only time we used the car was to go grocery shopping. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance. Virginia Beach has changed alot since we were last there over 15 years ago. Not the "old boardwalk". It is now cement with easy access for bicycles and roller blades. The old buildings and stores have now been replaced with nice hotels and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

I know you have many vacation options to choose from in Virginia Beach and I thank you for choosing the Ocean Key Resort!. I am pleased that you enjoyed our amenities and nicely designed resort and thank you for taking the time to include our staff in your feedback.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is located right near the beach. The rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel provides everything you would need for the kitchen. The activity center located on the 3rd floor has a great gym, game and lounge area. There is also a deck area with great views of the beach and the bay. The staff was great and helpful. There is also a pizza restaurant located in the lobby with great food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Ocean Key Resort. Our team works very hard and it shows so I thank you for sharing your feedback. Visit us again in the future at VSA!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a great resort. The rooms were spic/span clean. I was amazed at how well I slept in the bed which was so comfortable. The location was perfect - you could see the beach from your windows and there were alot of amenities nearby. Restaurant inside which made it easy to call for a late nite snack and have it delivered to your room. My husband and I used the gym and checked out their fabulous game/movie room. I absolutely cannot forget the wonderful staff on hand whom really made you feel at home. My husband was so impressed with this hotel that he is ready to make arrangements to come back again - sooooon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Key Resort. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our amenities and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

i recently found this to be a pleasant weekend vacation. I stayed at this resort and must say the staff was very polite not to mention well dressed. It showed this was a classy hotel. The rooms were very clean. The bed was so large, comfortable and consumed your body to a pleasand sleep. There was also a nice gym with all the equipment you need. There was a restaurant on site that stayed open til 3am. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for choosing Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our amenities. Thank you for taking the time to include our staff and restaurant in your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff was very concerned about our stay . My wife and I have been owners for over 15 years and this has been our best vacation here ever. Hats off to Bill and his entire team of front desk , house cleaning and faclities .

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I am extremely happy to hear that we continue to deliver the service you have grown to expect and deserve. I am personally thankful you took the time to acknowledge our team for their hard work. We value your ownership and loyalty to the Ocean Key Resort and VSA, and are committed to doing our very best to delivering memorable vacations to you and your family. We look forward to your next stay with us!