“Great Hotel/Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Peekskill, New York
“Great Hotel/Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a great resort. The rooms were spic/span clean. I was amazed at how well I slept in the bed which was so comfortable. The location was perfect - you could see the beach from your windows and there were alot of amenities nearby. Restaurant inside which made it easy to call for a late nite snack and have it delivered to your room. My husband and I used the gym and checked out their fabulous game/movie room. I absolutely cannot forget the wonderful staff on hand whom really made you feel at home. My husband was so impressed with this hotel that he is ready to make arrangements to come back again - sooooon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your vacation experience with the Ocean Key Resort. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our amenities and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

i recently found this to be a pleasant weekend vacation. I stayed at this resort and must say the staff was very polite not to mention well dressed. It showed this was a classy hotel. The rooms were very clean. The bed was so large, comfortable and consumed your body to a pleasand sleep. There was also a nice gym with all the equipment you need. There was a restaurant on site that stayed open til 3am. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our amenities. Thank you for taking the time to include our staff and restaurant in your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff was very concerned about our stay . My wife and I have been owners for over 15 years and this has been our best vacation here ever. Hats off to Bill and his entire team of front desk , house cleaning and faclities .

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean.
    • 5 of 5 stars
BMitchellvsaresorts, General Manager at Ocean Key Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am extremely happy to hear that we continue to deliver the service you have grown to expect and deserve. I am personally thankful you took the time to acknowledge our team for their hard work. We value your ownership and loyalty to the Ocean Key Resort and VSA, and are committed to doing our very best to delivering memorable vacations to you and your family. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I arrived about 11am for check-in realizing we're only about four hours early. Staff suggested we use the pool/hot tub, etc while they got the room ready. Very happy that we were able to check in about 1pm. I reserved, what I thought from Expedia, an oceanfront room. However, upon arriving I was told by staff that third party booking agency can't guarantee anything and so I was not put in an ocean front room-disappointing. Room had a slight smell to it. Unfortunately the windows don't open and we had no balcony, so the air becomes pretty stale. You'll need to leave your room for any fresh air. We found the pool and hot tub placed in the lobby a little strange. It's a little awkward being in bathing suits while others are roaming around the lobby fully clothed looking in on you. The fitness center was pretty light with equipment, but it sufficed for vacation. They told me they're getting new equipment within the year. One of the dryers on the sixth floor didn't work the whole week, despite the front desk being notified by myself and other guests. However, there was no note and others kept using it with their clothes remaining wet. Kitchen area very tiny, but adequate for my wife and I. We enjoyed our stay there but don't think we'd go back. Instead would much prefer a room that has a balcony and at least a window that opens for fresh air.

Room Tip: If you want ocean front, as I did when ordering through Expedia ensuring that's what you're...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I apologize that our accommodations did not meet your expectations and I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. We use our customer feedback to make improvements to our resort property and I appreciate that you will visit us in the future.
Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the time we called to confirm our reservation to the time we checked out, everyone we dealt with was friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were clean and clean towels and linens were always available. There were multiple events throughout the week which we attended which were fun and free. It was also close to the beach (one block). The pool was bright and clean although the pool area was a little cool.
There were only a few more trivial negatives to the week. The lighting in the room could have been brighter and it would have been wonderful to have a balcony but it certainly would not keep us from returning.
We went with four generations of family and every one of us felt welcome and comfortable.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying at the Ocean Key Resort. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to visit again in the future. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly consider it in our efforts to improve our property.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We checked in after ample parking garage space and were greeted by friendly faces. The 4th floor unit sleep 6 and faced the ocean with a small balcony. It was extremely clean and we even made comment to the head of housekeeping about the cleanliness. Linen and towel exchange daily, but no mid week housekeeping service. Fully equiped kitchen! Bed was so comfy!
The activity staff, especially Shaunna made sure we had a prize at Bingo as it was my something Birthday! She assisted my son in beating me (which he enjoyed) in a friendly game of billiards. There were plenty of teen activities such as arcade and air hockey games for a dollar or less. Can't beat that! The pool area is nice, not too crazy about it adjoining the lobby, but it was clean and had ample pool towels. There are 2 sun decks.
The restaurant adjacent to the lobby we ate at 3 times. Two of the three had over cooked fried foods but when I complained were happy to replace. The pizza tho was awesome! The Sunnyside restaurant two doors down was a great find. Excellent food with great staff and almost gourmet food at a reasonable price.
The ocean is a simple walk across the street. Plenty of activites all around. We truely enjoyed the North American Sand Sculpting competition. WOW! what wonderful art. Will be back in the future!

Room Tip: The only draw back was the room lay out. You entered into the living room with ample space, but poor...
1 Thank Dawn H
Thank you for choosing Ocean Key Resort. I really appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff and the great job they are doing to create a pleasant experience for our guests. I am delighted to hear that you will return to visit with us again in the future.
Woodstock, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

The place was very clean and friendly. The 2 bedroom rooms were layed out a little concerning. The twin beds were in a room at the entrance. So teenagers or smaller kids would be at the entrance door to the room late at night. The kitchen included everything that we needed. We had more towels then needed and everything was in good shape.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We understand that you have options to choose from here in Virginia Beach and we appreciate you making Ocean Key Resort your choice among many. We look forward to your next visit.