Ocean Key is a very nice resort with courteous, professional, and friendly staff. The room we got was nice and tidy, with pull out sofa and large bed in bedroom. It was equipped with kitchen and dinnerware for 6, along with many extras (i.e. toaster, griddle, Pyrex glass bakeware, pots/pans and utensils) to make your stay homesome. While we didn't use much of it, it is nice that you could do something for your family if needed.
There is no cleaning service during our week's stay, but you can easily exchange linens and towels as needed. Room comes with vaccum which is very handy to clean up that beach sand that gets treked into the room. The walk to the beach is very very short, and this place is a great stay if you are ok not be right off the boardwalk. You literally just cross the street and there you are, on the Boardwalk.
The staff was very helpful anytime. I was very impressed that the General Manager came to check up on the visit in the middle of the week to ensure everything was ok. It showed that he and his staff really wanted their visitors to have a nice stay at this place, and it was much appreciated.
There are activities planned each day for the family in the gameroom. The activity staff was great, friendly, and helpful with area recommendations for dining. Our family attended many crafts when the weather was not cooperating outside, and my kids say those crafts were memorable likings for the entire trip. (They love the Pony Beads and free popcorn).
We also visited the pools, which were heated. The pools are adequate. Ocean Sand is a sister property with a bigger pool, and they let you use either pool that is convenient with your own family's outings. My only thing is the poles in the parking garage are a bit hard to manuever around, but oh well, just be careful driving and parking.
Overall, I thank Bill, Cristina, Tes (sp?), Ava, and one other older lady on 3rd floor I didn't get the name for a nice vacation and their customer service. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at a VSA Resort gives you all the comforts of home without having to mow the lawn, do the dishes, or fold the laundry. We love having fun with our guests and strive to give each person–big and small, young and young at heart–the best vacation memories possible.The Ocean Key Resort is located at the serene south end of Virginia Beach, the 142 unit smoke-free resort offers a family-oriented atmosphere with beach accents and soft colors. All vacation units are two-room suites with kitchenettes.On site amenities include:• 24 hour front desk service• Daily activities for all ages• Indoor Pool• Indoor Jacuzzi• Fitness Center• Activities Center & Gaming Room• Party Deck & Sun Patio• On-site parking• Complimentary guest laundry facilities• Complimentary wireless internet access• Complimentary tanning • Harris Teeter on-line shopping & grocery deliveryUnit amenities include:• King size pillow-top mattress• Queen size sleeper sofa• Kitchenettes with smooth top burners, convection/microwave oven, dishware, cookware, glassware and utensils• Full size refrigerator• Dishwasher• 2 flat screen televisions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Ocean Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Key Hotel Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Virginia Beach
- Ocean Key Resort Virginia Beach Virginia
- Ocean Key Resort Va Beach