My friend and I stayed here for one night during a girls' beach getaway. We would definitely return.
We left Richmond around 7 a.m. and arrived at the Best Western Oceanfront way early. Check-in is at 4 p.m. Yes, the parking lot is small, but we found a spot right away. We went in, explained that we were checking in that evening, and asked if they could hold our bags so makeup, medicine, snacks, etc. wouldn't be melting in my car all day. They happily held our stuff and gave us a parking permit.
After a day at the beach, we checked in. This was also quick and friendly. Our room was on the first floor, which isn't my favorite, but it was for 1 night, so no big deal. Because we were right outside an event room, we could hear plenty of noise going on in the hallway outside, but this didn't really bother us since it was only during the day/early evening.
I stepped outside to look for an ice machine, and an employee who was setting up a room for an event immediately asked me if I needed ice and directed me to a room that's usually used by staff only but that was more convenient than wherever the ice machine was. Very nice.
The room was a bit dingy, but that's about what I expect from a beach hotel. It was very clean and completely met our needs for a 1-night stay. The location is great. It's right on the beach and I think all the rooms have ocean-view balconies. It's walking-distance to all the bars, restaurants, shops, and of course, the beach.
The next day the staff again held our bags after we checked out while we spent one more day on the beach. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS at the Oceanfront offers several types of accommodations to choose from. Our non-smoking hotel has stunning views from the private balconies of our oceanfront rooms overlooking the boardwalk. Easy beach access is also available from our non-oceanfront rooms, which are located across the street from our hotel, in a 3-story motor-inn style building with exterior corridors. Non-oceanfront rooms feature double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet service for your added convenience. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet is also included as well! Please note: One parking space is available per reserved room. We hope you will come and experience a wonderful vacation with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Best Western Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Best Western