The Best Western Oceanfront was a good place for our family vacation. We stayed 5 nights and liked the location of the hotel as it was right on the boardwalk and we had an ocean view room (be careful that you don't get the standard non-ocean view rooms across the street on Atlantic Ave, as I wouldn't have wanted to stay there. They didn't have balconies and NO ocean view at all, just a view of their little outdoor pool.). But we stayed in the ocean view rooms on the 7th floor. The only real complaints I had about this hotel was that the elevators needed servicing (4 elevators that were working when we got there on Monday, but only 2 were working when we left yesterday on Saturday when it was the busiest time). Parking right in front of the hotel is probably not going to happen but it takes only a minute to use the parking garage, and those slots at least are shaded! We saw one guy make his wife stand in a parking spot in front of the hotel for like 10 minutes while he was doing something with the car (we couldn't figure out what) and she actually stood there...guarding off people like they'd have to run her over to park there. Absurd really...it didn't take any time at all to walk across the street! And if you are loading/unloading bags, you have room to do that without even finding a spot, you just pull in and unload at the front door. It really wasn't that big of a hardship...
The plumbing worked great (I always worry about that in large hotels), showers were consistent, hot, and nice. Housekeeping is sort of slow but it was so HOT there this past week that I didn't blame them any. It was just hard to "chill" in the room in the aftrnoon when they were going to be coming in to clean any second...at 3:30 pm...
I thought all the staff were very friendly.
One warning of the area (this was our first visit to VA), we thought the food pricing was expensive. Our first night we didn't know where to go so the hotel recommended Captain George's Seafood Buffet off of Laskin Ave. When we got there, it took a stand in line to get seated...and then we were told it was $28 a plate....and only my husband and I even liked seafood. But we took it anyway ( two kids suffered thru it). For that kind of price, for a buffet, per person....I would have really expected higher quality. I guess if you want to eat your fill of crab legs, you MIGHT get your money's worth after fighting the crowd and getting what you want from the buffet...but I just wouldn't waste the money or time! I seriously left hungry. Not what we were expecting for our first night there.
We bought beach chairs and an umbrella across the street at one of the beach stores...cheaper than renting on the beach. AND cheaper than the super K-Mart nearby.
The ocean/beach was great. We sat out on our balcony every night and listened/watched the waves and the people on the boardwalk. Great time. The food of the area (including Angelo's downstairs at Best Western) were all a disappointment. But, we were there for the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS at the Oceanfront offers several types of accommodations to choose from. Our non-smoking hotel has stunning views from the private balconies of our oceanfront rooms overlooking the boardwalk. Easy beach access is also available from our adjacent non-oceanfront room location across the street which features double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet service for your added convenience. Complimentary breakfast is also included in as well! Please note: One parking space is available per reserved room. We hope you will come and experience a wonderful vacation with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Best Western Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Best Western