“Motorcycle Grand Tour”

Best Western Plus Virginia Beach
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western in Virginia Beach as they were one of the sponsors of the Virginia Motorcycle Grand Tour, they are very biker friendly which we appreciate very much. The hotel was very good in all aspects except the TV remote didn't work very well, but the servie, food and room was very nice. Thanks for supporting the Virginia Motorcycle Grand Tour and motorcyclists in general.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwvabeach, Manager at Best Western Plus Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your comments and kind words. I hope you will come back and stay with us in the future. We have many riders that are employed at the hotel and enjoy all the bikers that patron the hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've never been to Virginia Beach before until last Monday! Upon arrival, I knew I picked a nice hotel! The lady at the front desk was so nice and very helpful! I had told her that this was my first time at Virginia Beach and she asked me could she upgrade me to a oceanfront room since it was my first time at Virginia Beach? I said "yes" with a big smile on my face! :) The room was really clean! My room had an awesome view that you could see the dolphins playing in the distance! The only thing I didn't like was that I only saw one extra electrical outlet, but that was the only negative! I would highly suggest this hotel to family and friends who are visiting Virgina Beach! Oh, and they have free "HOT" breakfast and fruit and cearael and fruit items! You must check this hotel out for yourself, it won't dissapoint! The idoor pool is nice as well! There is so much good I just can't stop talking about it! :)

Room Tip: 7th Floor Oceanfront!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Susie80_13
bwvabeach, Manager at Best Western Plus Virginia Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Took a chance after considering the large variance in reviews. We got the Queen Suite in the non-oceanfront building. It was a good call. The 8 suites are in the building right next to the pool. They were exactly as advertised and as other have reviewed. Nice big room, slightly above average furnishings, 2 flat screens, small bathroom. The wet bar in the corner of the living room was huge, with a waist high fridge, microwave, sink, drawers and shelves. Almost a full kitchen, and perfect for setting up light housekeeping. If you are not going to stay in the oceanfront building, pay for 1 of the suites. It is worth every penny. They were plenty clean enough....we didn't see any bugs. We did have the weird carpet problem others mentioned, as we were on the ground floor. Wear your shoes or flip-flops and you won't notice. The people who slammed the non-oceanfront buildings are wrong!!!!! The buildings are older, and the parking ramp is sandwiched in between them, but they are NOT...NOT rundown, or dirty, or skeevy, or anything else described. The regular rooms toward the back of the property are right next to the parking ramp, with no view or anything. It is my opinion the people who slammed these rooms thought they were in the oceanfront building, and wrote poor reviews when they found out they weren't. The Hotel made sure our written confirmation was highlighted noting we were not in the oceanfront building. All the rooms I saw were decorated to BW+ standards, which is what you are paying for.

The pool was great....we saw it being cleaned and treated every day. It is not oceanfront, and is right next to the street where people are walking by, but i was clean, comfortable, spacious, and refreshing. A gem of the property.

Speaking of the property...it has it!!! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION.....higher up the strip, a bit quieter, super easy to get to the boardwalk and the beach, and 1 block from Neptune Park. A perfect location!!!!!

We didn't use the restaurant or the fitness center, or the indoor pool.

The desk staff and the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff were all great!!!!! Friendly, helpful, engaging....they made our stay better!!!!!

The breakfast was OK......it is early for the people who are leaving that day. The selection was the same and the quality was average, but it was free!!!!! We brought plastic take-out containers and filled them the 1st day, and warmed up what was left in the microwave. We also took our toaster and toasted the bagels and english muffins we got on later days. Go early, stock up, and eat in your room after that. How many days in a row can you eat scrambled eggs, sausage, and potatoes or grits anyway??? And bring some reusable bottles to get juice.

Overall, for the money, a great place to stay!!!!! If you don't care about oceanfront, where else are you going to get a suite in July for $140 a night??? There are other properties nearby, but I didn't find any for less money.....look around and you might. If we go back I will stay there...it is a known quantity!!!

Room Tip: Get the Queen Suite and ask for one on the 1st floor....you will have an easy time unloading and loa...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cuzinbuzzy

Thank you for your comments and kind words. I hope you will come back and stay with us in the future. Thank you for helping us, your insight is very helpful.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The weather was wonderful and the hotel room overlooked the oceanfront. We attended a meeting on Tuesday night and after took a walk on the beach. The hotel was situated near our meeting place and there was not a delay due to congestion on the roadways. Overall we had a wonderful time and we would definitely choose this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traveloes

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Let me start saying the room was large, comfortable(king size bed) and clean. However, facing the beach from the first floor does not quite do it in Virginia Beach. The breakfast the first day was mediocre at best and we ended up going out for breakfast for the rest of our trip. This was my first time in Virginia Beach and really did not know what to expect. The town in general has much to offer and there is plenty to do. My husband and I are looking forward to going back, just not at this Best Western.

Room Tip: When in Virginia Beach get a room oceanside and at least a few floors up for view and balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We chose this hotel based on our stays at other Best Westerns, and this one was probably the least satisfying ever. The concierge at this hotel is what made the whole stay unpleasant. Then after counting on having a decent breakfast, just made each day start out lousy. Had we known about the lack of quality ( from the non-existant wi-fi, to the poor quality breakfast ), I doubt if we would have stayed there. With so many other choices of hotels, I think this one does not stand up as a front runner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's your typical hotel. The rooms are spacious, along with the bathrooms. All of our utilities worked thankfully. There was that musty smell that is in older hotels though, if you can stand that then you're good to go :)

Room Tip: The higher up and in the center is the quietest! You get away from elevator noise, etc.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends