“Joining family for the New Year”

Best Western Plus Virginia Beach
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Everyone went out of their way to make our stay one of the best we have experienced at a hotel - from the check-in clerk to our housekeeper - wonderful! We do a great deal of traveling for pleasure and have stayed at several different major chains - our stay at this Best Western was, by far, the best!

1  Thank snowbirds05738

Reviewed January 7, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed January 6, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was my first stay at the Best Western Oceanfront and I was very impressed by everything the hotel had to offer. The rooms were extremely clean, the staff were very polite and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was good. I loved the beautiful views of the ocean. When I am back in VA I will stay here again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We chose this hotel for the price and centrally located on oceanfront for Christmas stay being there wasn't enough room at daughters home for us. Enjoyed watching cars drive boardwalk for Christmas lights display. Rooms were comfortable. Appears they have been remodeled recently. Beds were great and room very clean. The grand kids enjoyed the heated closed in pool. Best part of our stay when not at daughters home was the free full course breakfast buffet! Excellent food and variety. The chef and staff was right there making sure you had everything you needed. Very personable. As much traveling as we have done, we have never experienced hotel quality service in "continental style" breakfast before. If we are ever in this area again needing a place to stay, we will stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor but should have stayed higher or view.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I made reservations (through AAA) for this location, since I am a BWRewards member, a AAA member, and the website indicated all rooms are oceanview. This was to be my first beach trip in 10 years. However, trying to be frugal (and save my extra cash for really good food), I booked a double instead of a king. THOSE rooms are across the street. And up an elevator (in the parking garage) to only PART way to the room. The luggage and stuff had to be lugged (is that how 'luggage' got its name???) up 2 sets of steps. The double room was, um.....well, not very nice. I burst into tears.

I called the front desk, and didn't get ANY help. I called AAA, and tried to get help from them. THEY called the front desk....nothing they could do, they said. My best friend and her husband, unbeknownst to me, were begging with the concierge to help us get a room in the main part of the hotel. Bam! Mission accomplished! Concierge felt sorry for me and my husband, so she worked with us to get us a room in the OCEANFRONT hotel. We would have to move after 2 nights, but that also worked in our favor. The person who booked our room cancelled, so we stayed in the room.

Now...different story. New chapter. The OCEANFRONT hotel is really nice. The room was lovely, clean, and everything we wanted. The breakfast buffet was good (not well laid out, but the food was good). The pool was across the street. Parking was iffy (again, across the street in a garage). Elevator was slow and creaky.

For Best Western to maintain the integrity of this hotel, they really need to upgrade the rooms across the street. But, after all the drama, all the tears...it all worked out, and I was happy for 4 days!

Room Tip: ALWAYS go with the oceanfront, king rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TM1023
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were looking for someplace to stay for a long weekend, and this was just the place. We were on the 6th floor oceanfront. The holiday light show was going on, so at night we could watch the lights and the cars driving up the boardwalk. During the day, we could sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. It is a wonderful experience. Every employee we encountered during our stay was very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are oceanfront, and as far as I'm concerned, that's what you would be lo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple