Let me say first...I read some of the reviews on this site and I was extremely skeptical to book a room at this hotel. I went ahead and booked a hotel there anyway because I got a killer deal. I stayed 4 nights and got an oceanfront room with a king bed for 68 bucks a night. I will list the pros and cons of my visit. I stayed May 1st-May 5th for my honeymoon.
Room was very, very clean and smelled so good! The AC was on in our room so it was nice to come in from the 80 degree weather that day.
Room was very large. We had a king bed, a refridgerator that had a freezer, flat screen LG TV, small 5 cup coffee maker, beach chairs to sit out on, a regular chair to lounge in, a desk and chair, two night stands and a dresser. Plenty of room to move around.
Had brand name toiletries (Pantene PRO-V) enough towels, Kleenex and toilet paper for the week stay.
If you don't have a laptop they have an office with two computers available for your use so you can check your email, Facebook, whatever you like.
Very warm indoor pool, almost too warm!
View to the ocean is amazing, even from the first floor where we were. You are literally 100 ft from the boardwalk and beach. It had a large work out room that also had an amazing view to the ocean while you work out, the front wall is all glass so you can look out on the ocean.
Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Called to check on us and asked if we needed anything. Gave us suggestions on where to eat and where to go for activities.
Bed was firm, thought it was going to suck to sleep in but it was very comfortable and they give you a ton of pillows.
Quiet, no loud kids, no partying people, no sex noises coming from other rooms.
Outdoor pool is small, and it is across the street at the non oceanfront Best Western.
Not much parking room in the lot, most of the time we had to park across the street in the parking garage, which was free, they give you a pass to display in your car.
The indoor pool was great on a rainy day as I have listed it as a pro but the water was REALLY salty! The hot tub is not seperate from the pool, its in the corner of the pool and shoots out hot water which is why the entire pool is really warm.
We had an in room safe and they don't tell you its a dollar per day to use, so we choose not to use it, yet when we checked out they had charged us a dollar a day automatically so that was a little irritating.
We booked a room with a balcony, but they put us on the first floor which had a small patio with no privacy. The balconies are private with large wall barriers so I would have liked to have a balcony.
Lastly, our room key gave us a lot of trouble but we delt with it.
Other then that, the stay was great and I would absolutely recomend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS at the Oceanfront offers several types of accommodations to choose from. Our non-smoking hotel has stunning views from the private balconies of our oceanfront rooms overlooking the boardwalk. Easy beach access is also available from our adjacent non-oceanfront room location across the street which features double-size beds as well as eight two-room suites with one queen bed. All rooms include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and complimentary wireless internet service for your added convenience. Complimentary breakfast is also included in as well! Please note: One parking space is available per reserved room. We hope you will come and experience a wonderful vacation with us soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanfront Virginia Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oceanfront Virginia Beach Hotel Virginia Beach
- Best Western Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Best Western