“Great Panang Curry”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I've found several little gems of Thai places using TA, this was no different. It's in an older strip mall but very nice, modern decor and attentive staff. I always have to try the Panang Curry w/chicken when I see it on the menu; I wasn't disappointed. Large portion, plenty of chicken and just enough spice. I'll be back on my next visit to VA Beach!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great food, reasonable prices. My wife and I eat here several times a month and we love the pad siew with shrimp and the ka-pao. While it may not be 100% authentic Thai food, it is very good and better than the other large, local chain of Thai places in Hampton Roads. The service is always friendly and quick and the little tray of spicy powder and sauces is pretty cool too.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I had the Basil Beef dish which was exactly like it was supposed to be. Service was excellent and the price was very low for the area. I highly recommend this place

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here twice and both times have enjoyed the food but not been wowed by it. We love Thai and always try to find new Thai restaurants wherever we move. The food at Tida Thai has been consistently decent, although their Pad Thai was extremely bland both times I ordered it which to me is the most basic and essential Thai dish there is. The Green curry was excellent though and I highly recommend that. Prices are very reasonable. Still looking for a better Thai restaurant in the VA Beach area but for now Tida Thai is the winner.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our second visit to a Tida Thai. Like the other we have visited, this one is location in a shopping center. The building is average with booths and a small bar in the back.

My wife ordered Shrimp Kapaw ($8.95) and I ordered Drunken Noodles with Pork ($6.95). Both came with a small salad. Apparently, a special was on and we also received an order of Fried Wontons, at no charge. The Drunken Noodles were listed with the customary little pepper to indicate it was spicy and it was. But with several years in Asia behind me, it was not too hot for my taste. My wife’s Shrimp Kapaw was not as spicy, but she felt the sauce was a little too salty for her taste. I enjoyed both dishes and prices are very good.