“Friendly and Fresh”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We went there yesterday for lunch. The food presentation was LOVELY. It was so pretty, you didn't want to eat it. BUT, once you get started, the delicious freshness will overcome any desire to preserve the beauty. The service was friendly and warm. The atmosphere is okay. The prices are moderate. Portion sizes are good. I had the spring rolls and a beef noodle soup (sorry, I don't remember the Thai names). It hit the spot! This restaurant is new. I hope it catches on.

There are newer reviews for Tida Thai Cuisine

Reviewed April 27, 2012

When we dine out, we want really good food and service. We are never disappointed here. Since we are locals, we have lots of places to choose from but Tida Thai is always near the top of our list. Having eaten at this location, plus two others in Virginia Beach, we have much to compare. Since there are different chefs and help in each location, of course the food will vary from place to place, but always a hit and never a miss.

The coconut soup is only one of many favorites. Pad Thai wonderful in large servings with perfect seasoning. All of the curry dishes are yum.

Service is always very good and polite, even when the restaurant is crowded, which it is most evenings.

We count ourselves fortunate to have this gem as our go-to Thai restaurant - in 3 locations around the city, so wherever our schedule finds us, we are pretty close to a Tida Thai.

1  Thank bauthentic
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great, authentic Thai food. Prices are good service is very good. Not to be confused with American-Thai food, they really stick to traditional dishes with large portions. Very pleasant atmosphere with Asian music, not local radio. This place is a hidden secret we eat there 2-3 times a month and enjoy it more everytime we go.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We have been going to Tida Thai at the Red Mill location in Virginia beach for 3 years and this is our favorite Thai restaurant in Hampton Roads! We go there almost every other week and love our waitress, Nuch. She is friendly, attentive, and knows what we like. I pretty much get a duck entree everytime! The duck Kapow is my favorite and the duck curry is second in line! If you have never had Thai food, order the pad thai with the choice of chicken, beef, or seafood and you will fall in love with their food. The Thai iced tea is sweet and refreshing. I also like the Thai beer, Sing Ha to go along with my meal. LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

The terrific food and great prices at Tida Thai make it worth braving the mid-day traffic congestion on Independence Blvd. My friends and I eat lunch there several times a month; the Pad Thai is the best I've found in the area, and the vegetarian in our group raves about the bright flavors and, especially, the Papaya salad. The other locations are good, as well ... but this one is the best of the bunch!