“It was okay.”
Review of Burtons Grill - CLOSED

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laskin Rd
Description: Burtons Grill is a full service restaurant featuring a variety of seasonal, traditional and regional favorites plus the best burger in Virginia Beach. Burtons offers lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. We love kids and parents will love our healthy kids menu! We accomodate events of all occasions from families dining casually to business meetings and special occasions. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available. Full service bar and lounge. Patio dining. Private room for up to 45 guests. Plenty of parking and only minutes from the beach.
Marlton, New Jersey
“It was okay.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The food was just okay for the price. Took a really long time to get our check even though we told them when we came in that we had to get out by a certain time.
Too many other options in the area to go back again.

1 Thank divakern

San Jose, CA
“Best meal of our vacation”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Came here with my family of 4 (kids ages 5 & 8) and had a great experience. My kids loved choosing from what they wanted from each of the categories. I loved that the kids food was simple and not the fried, fast food options you find at most restaurants these days. My kids got salmon & chicken, cucumber & carrot slices, nicely seasoned herb rice & pasta with choices of toppings. My kids do very well in restaurants (most of the time) but I might rethink going here if my kids were "full of energy" because it is a quiet, dimly lit restaurant.

The service was very good. Our server, Tara, was very friendly. I'll echo the rave reviews for the beet salad. Prompt service when I asked for my burger to be cooked a bit more to reach medium rare. We all enjoyed our experience and wish there was one located closer to us on the West coast.

Davenport, Florida
“Beet salad - try it YOU'LL LIKE IT”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Waitress told us upon being greeted that only 1 computer was working, please be patient , no problem for us but not certain that had anything to do with service.......I ordered beet salad, IT WAS HONESTLY one if the best salads ever . So good next time I am ordering 2 , one will be my main course. For my entree I ordered salmon over angel hair pasta , EXCELLENT . Would do that entree again, but so pleased with beet salad I'll save that repeat for future visits. It was considerable wait for bill to be processed but, again only 1 computer. Some times I think we need to go back to using a cigar box as we did at my children's carnivals.

• Visited June 2013
“Very Good and yet not the best experience”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Upon arrival with a party of nine at 6pm, we did not have reservations and it did not seem we were very welcome. We were told that we MAY be able to get a table. After sitting in the bar for 10 minutes, we were seated. While we were excited to get a table, it seemed that our persistance was the key. Once seated, the service was excellent. We had two kids with us and the menu for children is among the best I have ever seen. Due to some kitchen issues, it took over 50 minutes to get our food. The wait staff was amazing, communicated this and was very attentive during our wait. Once the food arrived, it was delicious and the dessert was also great. Most of the part ate fish which was prepared well and obviously very fresh.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Classy Place, Excellent Food!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a few days of beachfront fried fish we were looking for a change, and found it in Burtons Grill in Virginia Beach. No ocean view here (in a shopping center a few miles from coast) but instead you get a large and modern building, friendly service and excellent food. A good tradeoff in our view,
The friendly hostess sat us immediately (Wednesday lunch) and our server was excellent. I had the steak sandwich which was delectable! My wife ordered the chicken caesar salad and found the dressing a bit heavy and too much of it. Our pinot grigio wine came very cold with holder to keep it so.
We really enjoyed this place and will remember it when we return to VA Beach,