“Great service”
Review of Burtons Grill - CLOSED

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laskin Rd
Description: Burtons Grill is a full service restaurant featuring a variety of seasonal, traditional and regional favorites plus the best burger in Virginia Beach. Burtons offers lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. We love kids and parents will love our healthy kids menu! We accomodate events of all occasions from families dining casually to business meetings and special occasions. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available. Full service bar and lounge. Patio dining. Private room for up to 45 guests. Plenty of parking and only minutes from the beach.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visited Burtons Grill based on the great reviews. You can only really tell how great a place is when something does not go as planned. One soup came out cold, but they immediately came out with another bowl that was great. One entree just did not taste good. It was basically bland and not as described. They took it away without question, removed it from the bill, and we ordered another entree that came out in under 10 minutes. Our server was very helpful and did not hesitate to help and did not give any hint of frustration when we sent food back.
Otherwise, the 2 entrees of swordfish were the best I have tasted in years. The calamari was phenomenal. This is not an exaggeration. It tasted fresh and had the perfect amount of jalapenos and peppers. I could have eaten two more plates.
Even with those two setbacks, I highly recommend Burtons.

burtonsgrill, General Manager at Burtons Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

I would like you to know that I sincerely appreciate your thoughtful comments, as well as your patience and understanding. We ALWAYS want to get it right the first time, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make sure you enjoyed your experience!

Cliff Bennett, General Manager

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Burtons always gives you quality food. If you like wine, go on Wednesday because you can get 2 entrees and a good bottle of wine for 39.95. I love the stuffed zucchini appetizer and fire shrimp.
The staff is very professional. We had Bill wait on us last time, and he was helpful and friendly. Don't miss out!

Yum! Yum! - what a great title to your review! Everyone should know that our staff reads these reviews too and it truly means a great deal to them when they are mentioned specifically. So I would most like to thank you for recognizing Bill. Thanks!!

Cliff Bennett, GM

Reviewed April 16, 2013

WOW....Nice eatery. FRESH & the best Gluten Free menu and food I have experienced thus far. Great food and service to match. Yes, you will pay a little but well worth it...I will be back ...Nice work Burton's Grill!!!

We are so glad to read that you recognize the FRESH and the value of our offerings! Thank you so much for choosing us!

Sincerely, Cliff Bennett, GM

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Wow I can't say enough about this place. The decor is very nice good atmosphere, staff was helpful. When I saw the prices on the menu first thought was pricy. When I finished lunch I didn't think about the price, my meal was worth every dime. I had a burger w/fries..... The best burger I've had in a long time. My husband ordered a crab cake sandwich he was tempted to order a second sandwich, it was very good. I like the kids menu, kids can pick an item from each food group it allows them to make healthy choices. I saved the best for last, we travel quite a bit and we always order key lime pie if its on the menu and we rate the key lime pie. We ordered the key lime pie to share it was so good we order seconds. Needless to say I don't mind paying for good quality food. If you visit Virginia beach, don't leave without giving this place a try.

Oh, I definitely remember your visit! I asked my staff why the Key Lime Pie didn't make it to your table sooner. Found out I was asking about the first Key Lime Pie, they informed me of the second - what a great compliment! Thank you!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Drove past it, but glad we did the u-turn! Awesome meal and great specials. Waiter admitted he didn't know much about the 2 local wines we were considering. Rather than making something up, he went away and consulted someone with knowledge of them. Good call since the information he came back with convinced us to try something different!

Thank you for making the U-turn!! I know there are abundant choices when deciding where to have a good meal, we hope to see you again!

Many thanks, Cliff Bennett, GM