“Always a great place”
Review of Burtons Grill - CLOSED

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laskin Rd
Description: Burtons Grill is a full service restaurant featuring a variety of seasonal, traditional and regional favorites plus the best burger in Virginia Beach. Burtons offers lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. We love kids and parents will love our healthy kids menu! We accomodate events of all occasions from families dining casually to business meetings and special occasions. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available. Full service bar and lounge. Patio dining. Private room for up to 45 guests. Plenty of parking and only minutes from the beach.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I can honestly say that we have always received a great meal, desert and outstanding service every time we have dined here!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Food quality and taste, outstanding. Server was very good! When manager checked by our booth & I asked him to inform server of a different beverage choice, he said he'd handle that himself. Husband loved his cheeseburger and my she crab soup + sweet salmon salad choices were terrific!!!!!! We will return if opportunity knocks.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

The atmosphere is on the cozier/darker side, and had a hint of the chain decor going on (usually acceptable but Virginia Beach has so many unique places). The food was very tasty, and they catered to my gluten free friends very nicely, even had gluten free dinner rolls!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love going to Burton's for lunch. The food is consistantly good and their burgers are amazing. I have noticed a decline in the quality of service since Lauren left. The last time I went, the waitress was overwhelmed and delivered two desserts without spoons. She didn't come back until the ice cream was partially melted. She also didn't refill drinks as often as needed. If they would bring back their previous level of service, I'd go more often because the burgers are worth it.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Burtons is a quasi-chain restaurant from Boston. The food is great, but they may be getting ahead of themselves on the service side. I walked in without a reservation and was told that I needed a reservation and that there was open seating in the bar. OK, I went in and sat at the bar. I waited for the bartender to wait on me. He dropped a brunch menu(it was a Sunday) in front me. It's 1 o'clock and I don't want breakfast. So I asked for a real menu. Eventually,he brings a menu, but it's "restaurant week" and there should be a special menu. Finally, I get what I want. During this time, I'm waiting for my wife. She arrives and then we wait.......and wait some more, until the server could getting us.
We ordered. I had a great Salmon Burger W/tisiki sauce and fried Risotto rolls in marinara. All good. However, my wife wanted some items that never came.
The bottomline is that Burton service did not rise to the level of the food. HINT: Don't eat at the bar area.
HINT 2: Sunday is half off wines under $100. Get a bottle while you wait around for the service.