“My favorite in Virginia Beach - best for gluten free dining, too!”
Review of Burtons Grill - CLOSED

Burtons Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laskin Rd
Description: Burtons Grill is a full service restaurant featuring a variety of seasonal, traditional and regional favorites plus the best burger in Virginia Beach. Burtons offers lunch, dinner and Sunday Brunch. We love kids and parents will love our healthy kids menu! We accomodate events of all occasions from families dining casually to business meetings and special occasions. Gluten-free and vegetarian menus available. Full service bar and lounge. Patio dining. Private room for up to 45 guests. Plenty of parking and only minutes from the beach.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“My favorite in Virginia Beach - best for gluten free dining, too!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The food is consistently excellent as is the service and the place is spotlessly clean. Burton's Grill can be a special occasion restaurant with lovely food and a fine selection of wines or just a terrific place to get the best hamburger in town. You can eat here casually or dine elegantly. They are truly the best in dealing with special diets and gluten free dining - no plain food here! I need to be on a gluten free diet and this is the place where my food looks and tastes as wonderful as any regular selection. There are always interesting specials. We love "date night" which includes two entrees, dessert and a bottle of wine from a special menu at a very reasonable price. And you can cork up the bottle and take home whatever you don't wish to drink there. Check out the web site for special events. You are just as welcome ordering a hamburger as a full dinner with wine.

• Visited July 2011

“Consistently above average”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I have been numerous times to Burton's Grill, with friends, clients, and family. Once we even entertained a group of more than 20. Each experiernce was consistently above average and worth the cost. Unfortunately, there was an experience recently with a new server that failed to live up to our expectations, but we understand he is no longer there. We enjoy the fact we can count on our dining experience to be above average.

• Visited July 2011
Virginia Beach
“Wouldn't go back a 3rd Time”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The first time I went to Burton's with my now husband was on one of our first dates. The food was great, and the waitress was very pleasant. She offered us the drink specials, and my husband actually really enjoyed her recommendation. The second time we went was less than pleasant. The hostess was not at the hostess stand when we arrived so we had to wait for her to come up. When we were finally sat at our booth where we noticed how dusty and dirty our surroundings were our waitress came over and took our drink and food orders at the same time. My husband distinctly told the waitress no onion or tomato, and mid-meal a different staff member came out and brought the onion and tomato. Despite the fact that we didnt want it, what would we have done with it already half way through the meal. The waitress was unattentive and we had to get another staff member to send her over when we were finished, because we had been waiting to get our bill for about 15 minutes. If the service werent so bad, I may have remembered if the food was good or not, I am doubting it though since exceptional food is unforgettable.

• Visited August 2010
Hamilton, Canada
“Two visits - two home runs”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Recently visited VA Beach and wasn't expecting much in the way of good dining. Went to Burtons on Monday night on the recommendation of 10best The service (Lynne) was professional and friendly, the features were well explained. I started with the she crab soup - delicious a hint of smoke and a nice subtle heat. My wifes arugula citrus salad looked as nice as it tasted. I finished a nice rack of back ribs, again nicely smoked and flavourful. Crab cakes were enjoyed by my wife.
Lynne helped us with names of other local restaurants worth trying and we were well directed and enjoyed the places she recommended.
We returned Wednesday evening with the intent of enjoying their "date night" options but I was looking for steak and wasn't disappointed. A generous ribeye, cooked the way I asked, My wife had the fish feature - swordfish - moist and juicy in the centre, well prepared.
Ambience is chic and comfortable. Enjoyed the pics on the walls. The bar is large and inviting. The kitchen is open and huge. I am sure a pleasure to create food in. The outdoor seating is in a mall parking lot and not particularly inviting but who cares when the restaurant is so inviting.

• Visited June 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

As a local. I heard the hype surrounding this restaurant and decided to finally visit last night. First off, the dining room ambiance is lackluster. We waited for over 40 minutes for our entrees. Then, the delivery of entrees was from a greenhorn who dropped off each entree to the wrong person. One entree the mahi was overcooked, the risotto which we were told was phenomenal was terrible. I could go on and on. Overall synopsis very disappointed after supposedly being in the top three restaurants in the area. I would not recommend going to this restaurant to anybody.

• Visited June 2011