“NICE & CLEAN”

Days Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #26 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I stayed at this days inn oceanfront and found the room very nice, clean and quiet . the front desk staff did'nt appear to be friendly upon my arrival until i started joking with them. there are no microwaves in some of the rooms. got home and realized that i had left a bag, it was returned to the front desk, thank you Rachael, Conrad and Tiffany. i would surely stay at this hotel again and ask for a microwave.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I was very pleased with this hotel. I stayed for 2 nights. I was able to check in 2 hours early and the front desk was very nice. The room was clean & beds had more than enough pillows. Nice flat screen tv and plenty of storage space. No smells in the hallway, nice lobby area. Great location in the middle of everthing. I didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast but seemed okay. I got a great rate of $129. I didn't require maid service during my stay but I always say them in the hall with lots of towels if needed. I will definately stay here again and will recommend to others.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed in at Days Inn for two nights. We had a great expereince, the staff was friendly and nice. The people at the front desk let us check-in early. The room was clean and neat. We were extremely happy while we were there. Sad to leave.

1  Thank LolyAmerica
Reviewed June 28, 2010

4 adults in a room w/ 2 queens. We knew it would be tight. The amenities in the room were certainly convenient -- microwave, decent size refrig, small bar sink. The balcony view was nice but --- each room's balcony is open to everyone else's, w/ only a very flimsy extension of bars in between. The bars themselves were very flimsy -- I would be uncomfortable if I had small children. It is imperative that you lock that balcony door. The air-conditioning unit also blows its exhaust directly onto the small porch. Several members of the staff were delightful, but we also encountered some of the most unpleasant people. Our room safe was broken; we reported it, staff checked it and NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED. The walls have no soundproofing. We heard our neighbors' music for hours, night and day. The elevator and outside hallways were completely unventilated -- so hot and smelly. We had no one clean our room one whole day -- and there was a gross collection of hair in the shower drain.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I must say I was a little leary of staying at this hotel based on some previous reviews, but after I arrived and saw for myself all my fears just disappeared. No it is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, but I knew that before I booked it. After researching the hotels in Virginia Beach, I found the Days Inn had one of the best rates for being oceanfront (Great Value). I booked 3 rooms for a big family vacation and each room had two double beds a mini frig, flat screen tv, sliding glass doors and a semi private balcony overlooking the beach and ocean. ( The best views in VB!!!). The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Now for the downsides, although they are minor things. It would have been a little more comfortable if the beds were queen sized, and the pool wasn' so tricky to get to.
All in all, I'm glad I made the choice to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

First of all, for travelers who have always stayed at the Days Inn just to the left of Laskin Rd, this is not the same place, that was bought out and the Days Inn is now a few blocks away in a much worse building.
More importantly, the staff did not make me feel welcome. I had to ask for a key to the bathroom on the first floor near the breakfast buffet, the concierge ignored us, and most importantly, do not disturb signs apparently mean nothing to these people. The woman cleaning the fourth floor where I stayed walked into our locked room which had a "do not disturb" sign on it without even knocking. Then she said "Hey y'all, I saw your do not disturb sign but I thought I'd come on in anyway. You want some extra towels?"
Would have given no stars if I could.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ke11e
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Virginia Beach Days inn for our two year annivrsary. We had a wonderful time. I can honestlyy say that I do not have anything negative to say about the hotel! The rooms were always cleaned, the staff was always nice and professinal, the pool area was nice and the contential breakfast was great! I had a wonderful time! I will def. return! I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Virginia Beach!

2  Thank KylesMom_09