“Disappointing Staff”

Days Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed 3 nights the last week of June. This was my second time staying at this property and I was disappointed. The housekeeping staff did not clean my room the first night. I had to empty trash, make my bed and search for clean towels. When I informed the front desk they did not even care. They even hung up the phone in the middle of our conversation. The manager of the hotel called the next day and apologized but that did not make up for the rude staff that I encountered. The hotel is in a great location. It is a bit dated but it is clean and at the right price. I will look for other hotels the next time I return to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed two nights. The second floor room showed signs of its age but was clean.The ocean view was partially obstructed by an inflatable slide (see photo). The loction was good as there was free entertainment in the park next door and we were close to top rated Tautog's restaurant. As seems to be so often the case with free breakfasts, the orange juice seemed diluted and we missed the waffle maker found in similar facilities. The staff was helpful and we were able to check on early..

Room Tip: Try for a higher floor
Reviewed July 19, 2012

For starters, Matt at the front desk was AWESOME!!!! What a great experience. Rooms were nice and clean. But again what hooked me was the service. Everyone was there to help. It was like we were the only guests in the motel. If i was forced to complain about something it would be the size of their parking lot...although they do have another nearby.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We booked a room for one night at this hotel and wasn't sure what to think having stayed at several hotels at the beach. Most hotels do not have very pleasant staff and for the most part with so many people coming and going they are not the very accommodating. This Days Inn was exceptional. From the minute we arrived the front desk staff was incredibly polite and accommodating. Matt and Conrad were the best. I asked, knowing it would never happen, if we could check in early - 10:00am. We were told - absolutely! Matt said if it's ready we want you to check in and enjoy your stay! Not used to that!! Then he asked me how my drive down was and acted as if he really wanted to know. They made us feel like they wanted us to stay there.

The hall ways and stair wells are a bit unpleasant (odor in stairwell) so when we got off the elevator we weren't sure what to expect in the room. Another surprise - the room was spacious and clean with fridge and sink and microwave. While sitting on the balcony I overheard other guests commenting that "for a Days Inn this one was not bad"!

Bottom line - Great hotel, GREAT staff - from Matt and Conrad to all staff, good continental breakfast (it's a continental breakfast). Oh and when we wanted to check out and stay at the beach - I asked for a late check out and they said sure stay till noon and you can leave your car in the lot until 2-3 when you want to leave.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Decent priced, right on ocean front, spacious room, comfy bed, clean room and lobby. Friendly staff, good location, and free breakfast (with good coffee!) Indoor pool good for rainy days, but high in chemicals. Parking isn't great if you have to park in overflow lot. Close to 31st street (Laskin Road) and Walgreens across the street!

Room Tip: all are oceanfront!
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Dirty. Old rug with many stains on it. Musty smell in room. Windows were filthy. Beds old and uncomfortable. Great location. Okay price. Will look for different hotel next time.

Room Tip: Lots of choices. Choose some place else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a nice hotel, perfect location on the beach. Employees are super friendly, indoor pool, continental breakfast, free parking, and spacious rooms. When I go back to VA beach I will definitely stay at the Days Inn Ocanfront. :)