“Great food and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Baja Restaurant

Baja Restaurant
Ranked #191 of 1,414 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were renting a place across the street in Sandbridge for the winter and had waited patiently for Baja to reopen after their winter vacation. In the meantime, we were trying some of the best restaurants in Virginia Beach. After visiting Baja last night, we found out that the best meal we've had all winter was just a few steps away. Sadly, our vacation is ending and we'll be headed home to Asheville in a few weeks but we will come back for more, for sure! We had crab fritters, shrimp tacos, fried chicken wrap and my indulgence, smoked gouda mac and cheese! At the end of dinner I asked for a cup of tea, and was served Tazo tea, one of my favorites. The walk back home was a happy one. PS: The restaurant sits on the bay with great sunsets. It is a little longer drive coming out to Sandbridge but I promise it is worth it. (I forgot to mention we were each given a free cup of she-crab soup because we got there before 6:30.)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank nsmartist

Billings, MT
“good food reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

close and an easy walk to the condo unit. Seafood was good, service was friendly and efficient. Ate there one night when the weather was ugly and we did not want to drive into VB

Visited October 2013
LINCOLN
“OK for tourists”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

A great location if you are staying at Sandbridge but the food is only so-so. Nice bar scene and sometimes live music on weekends. We prefer the Surf Rider on Newtown Road for dinner but it is a 30 minute drive...but worth it.

Visited October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Bigger and better than I remembered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were pleased to return to the Baja after years of driving by the unassuming facade on the barrier "island" of Sandbridge south of Virginia Beach. What took us so long? I don't know, but we'll be back soon for the specials, the happy hours, and the view. Nothing like raising glasses to toast the sunset over Back Bay, see the photo I've uploaded.

• Visited September 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Beach casual food surprisingly good...!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ate here twice while spending week at Sandbridge. First with 5 family members on a Saturday night and lastly just my wife and I early on a Friday evening. We ate inside with our group there was a wedding going on so could not eat outside. DR lacks any ambiance but is clean and functional. My wife had scallops wrapped bacon, were fine hard to screw-up. I had south of the border oysters, the zestiness of the seasonings overpowered the oysters but was properly described on menu, larger oysters would have handled the seasonings. One of party got shrimp avocado salad, very fresh varied ingredients and large shrimp dressed with cayenne aioli dressing. Others had raw oysters and shrimp and steak tacos. From people I had talked with was under impression more of a bar place truly surprisingly decent food. We did beers, wine list pedestrian.

My second visit we shared calamari, bit over cooked, drizzled cayenne aioli bit off a kick. My wife got house burger w/sautéed onions mushrooms added. Truly was close to 6 inches tall. Once she removed tons of shredded lettuce was manageable. Very good burger. I got 12 inch pizza, could easily have fed 2 or even 3. Was very good more of a pretzel bread type crust but great fres toppings. We had 2 Sierra Nevadas and 2 Miller Lights and biil was $ 60. We did eat outside, small dining area with about 8 four tops. Large well groomed grassy area with view of back bay can see why so many mention the sunsets. They have a large building outside for bands and bar scene. Would be great venue for music and drinks with scenery.

Waitstaff are young but on both occasions very responsive and friendly. Shorts, t shirts and sandals are fine but true beach atmosphere leave the button downs at home.

• Visited September 2013