“good food reasonable price”
Review of Baja Restaurant

Baja Restaurant
Ranked #214 of 1,427 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Billings, MT
“good food reasonable price”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

close and an easy walk to the condo unit. Seafood was good, service was friendly and efficient. Ate there one night when the weather was ugly and we did not want to drive into VB

Visited October 2013

LINCOLN
“OK for tourists”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

A great location if you are staying at Sandbridge but the food is only so-so. Nice bar scene and sometimes live music on weekends. We prefer the Surf Rider on Newtown Road for dinner but it is a 30 minute drive...but worth it.

Visited October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Bigger and better than I remembered”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were pleased to return to the Baja after years of driving by the unassuming facade on the barrier "island" of Sandbridge south of Virginia Beach. What took us so long? I don't know, but we'll be back soon for the specials, the happy hours, and the view. Nothing like raising glasses to toast the sunset over Back Bay, see the photo I've uploaded.

Newport News, Virginia
“Beach casual food surprisingly good...!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ate here twice while spending week at Sandbridge. First with 5 family members on a Saturday night and lastly just my wife and I early on a Friday evening. We ate inside with our group there was a wedding going on so could not eat outside. DR lacks any ambiance but is clean and functional. My wife had scallops wrapped bacon, were fine hard to screw-up. I had south of the border oysters, the zestiness of the seasonings overpowered the oysters but was properly described on menu, larger oysters would have handled the seasonings. One of party got shrimp avocado salad, very fresh varied ingredients and large shrimp dressed with cayenne aioli dressing. Others had raw oysters and shrimp and steak tacos. From people I had talked with was under impression more of a bar place truly surprisingly decent food. We did beers, wine list pedestrian.

My second visit we shared calamari, bit over cooked, drizzled cayenne aioli bit off a kick. My wife got house burger w/sautéed onions mushrooms added. Truly was close to 6 inches tall. Once she removed tons of shredded lettuce was manageable. Very good burger. I got 12 inch pizza, could easily have fed 2 or even 3. Was very good more of a pretzel bread type crust but great fres toppings. We had 2 Sierra Nevadas and 2 Miller Lights and biil was $ 60. We did eat outside, small dining area with about 8 four tops. Large well groomed grassy area with view of back bay can see why so many mention the sunsets. They have a large building outside for bands and bar scene. Would be great venue for music and drinks with scenery.

Waitstaff are young but on both occasions very responsive and friendly. Shorts, t shirts and sandals are fine but true beach atmosphere leave the button downs at home.

Rome,Georgia
“Overall disappointment”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The 3 of us ate seafood. We all thought our food was overpriced. Hushpuppies cost $5. Food was a bit better than mediocre. Too many other great restaurants in Va. Beach to return to Baja.