“Good food...nice atmosphere.”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I had dinner at Baja one evening on our vacation to Sandbridge. The food was good, my husband and I both had the crab cake sandwich with fries. We had a table outside of the bar area. We enjoyed the music from the bar area...overall nice atmosphere. Our server was friendly and the food was affordable. This is our second visit to Baja, and as always it was enjoyable!

1  Thank Skye T

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a great little beach restaurant located just before the Back Bay Wildlife Refuge in Sandbridge area of VA Beach. Food was yummy and staff accomodating about splitting our tab three ways and turning down the music volume. Beautiful view of Back Bay.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I visited the Baja in June 2012. We got seated right away but had to sit our party at seperate tables to avoid a wait. Our waitress was friendly and we got our food fairly quick. The food was decent. I had the crabcakes. After our meal, we went outdoors to the bar where there was a lot of activity going on. There was a guitar player that was very good. The view was beautiful. My average rating comes from the rudeness of the bartenders. We had a couple of drinks at the bar, left a tip and went outside. Later, I went back to get another round of drinks and was practically ignored by the male and female bartenders, they weren't even busy. Apparently I had not left a big enough tip the first round. I work in the service industry and would never treat a customer the way I was treated. They were rude and unfriendly.

2  Thank AnitaK2
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I came to Baja in 2011 and took one of our in laws foster kids and it was such great service we had such a doll of a waitress and I got the spicy seafood alfredo which was out of this world and they played it safe with American food. The food came out fast and was not greasy and the waitress was on top of things and talkative and polite it was wonderful experience. But then we went this year in 2012 and the waitress was rude and why or how she received a job there was beyond me she forgot our appetizers our food took over an hour and that was after we finally received our appetizer after sitting 30 minutes we got to refills that was when we where seated and when we left wasn't thrilled and she just kept passing us by like we werent there then gave us the check and didn't come back for another half an hour I was so upset that my husband gave a tip. Non of those young girls where polite they all looked like they didn't want to be there. Extremely rude and facial expressions wherent all that great either. I was in such disappointment and there food didn't taste that great either this time. (I got the po boy) and they just had opened and didn't have that many customers. So I do hope that the management considers everyone's input and doesn't hire a bunch of pretty faces with no character or integrity. It was a shame to ruin a second experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our party of 17 with 7 small children had a wonderful meal at BAJA. They quickly accommodated our seating needs and were prompt in taking our orders and bring the food. They also had family dodgeball which several of the youngsters identified as one of the most fun activities of our beach vacation.