“Nice & Clean Hotel near the beach - Great Value”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed April 23, 2010

We chose this hotel on our trip to Virginia Beach as other hotels near the beach were really expensive. 19 Atlantic Hotel is very near to the beach and other attractions. It's about 1 minute walk to the Beach Boardwalk from the hotel. The hotel is fairly new. The rooms are a bit small but it is more than enough to spend a night to 2. The rooms were furnished nicely. Each room had a fridge and microwave. Our room had one Double Bed and a window which overlooked other hotels on Atlantic Avenue. The Front Desk Lady was friendly and helpful. There are 2 parking lots - one is next to the hotel and the other one is 3-4 minutes walk. The Deck was good for relaxing and enjoying views of Atlantic Avenue.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend for the car show that was taking place in town. I found the hotel online and the pictures looked great. They are a bit deceiving, however. The rooms are tiny. My cubicle at work is the same size as the room we stayed in (minus the bathroom and closet). For what we needed it for, it was fine though. The staff was friendly. The rooms are extremely clean! We liked the fact that the front door remained locked and you had to use your room key to get inside. There was a rooftop deck that we also enjoyed. We could get a good look at all the of the cars lined up on the Ave. We bought a pizza from the shop (very good) on the corner downstairs and took it up to the deck to eat. It was nice. There is an oceanview from there.......between the buildings. We had a room with one double bed. Before arriving, we thought we might be able to come back another weekend and bring our baby and the pack-n-play. This will not work in the room we had. There is no room for a pack-n-play. It's a tight squeeze for 2 people in the room. The bathroom only had a shower, so that may be an issue if you are travelling with children also. They may have rooms with bathtubs, but I would ask that before booking. It is very tight quarters in the bathroom. My husband was not able to sit on the toilet as you normally would, he had to sit sideways because his knees would not fit between the toilet and the wall. There are blinds to cover it, but there is a window in the shower. When we got off the elevator to find our room, it was a maze. Literally, a maze. And some rooms do not have windows. Just bringing up things that may be an issue to some travellers. I had to straighten my hair in the hotel room as opposed to the bathroom because there is no outlet beside the sink. there is one on the wall behind you when you are looking in the mirror, but I was afraid something would happen and my straightener would fall into the toilet. So I used the outlet in the hotel room beside the full-length mirror, which worked great. Since there was no way my husband and I would have both fit in the bathroom at once anyway. Like I said before, I would definitely stay here again. The price and location are great...........I can deal with the other stuff. If we come again we will get a room with 2 beds and make sure there is a bathtub if we bring our baby along. All in all I recommend!

Reviewed April 8, 2010

My husband and I spent our anniversary weekend here. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are kept extremely clean. I like that there is a roof top deck with great views. If I were to complain about anything it would be that there is a club downstairs so it can get a little noisy, especially when the patrons to the bar are leaving. There are no complaints with the hotel itself. I definitely recommend it.

Reviewed September 20, 2009

I will say there are definite pros and definite cons to this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed in Aug. 2009. We arrived early, got parking in the back, and the girl at the front desk called my cell phone when the room was ready. We actually got a room with a window. We went out for lunch and came back to find our keys did not work. It took me running up and down two flights of stairs what seemed like a million times for the girl to finally come up and see that the keys did not work. They switched us to a MUCH smaller room (even though most of our stuff was still in the locked room) and said they would call us when the room was open. They called and we came back to our original room. They keys didn't work the next time either but it was fixed immediately.

If that doesn't sound bad, the air conditioner made it impossible for me to sleep. After 10 minutes after turning it on it would make a buzzzzzz noise (think cell phone vibrating on a table) every 2 minutes or so. SO irritating!! We tried to turn it off but it got too hot and humid in the room. I finally called the front desk about it and she said nothing could be done.

One last thing, the girls at the front desk seem awfully young to be running this whole hotel. Seemed unexperienced.

Pros: location, cleanliness
Cons: Annoying air conditioner, broken locks, unexperienced staff

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I stayed one night for the Va Beach Neptune Fesitval. The rooms are small , but I knew that beforehand. Extremely clean and the staff was very accomodating. We had an extended check out which was great. Parking lot is small but add'l parking is available across the street. Will stay again, the rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2009

19 Atlantic Hotel is in a good location for Virginia Beach, one block off the boardwalk. The Hotel itself is newly renovated, relatively clean but the cleaning service was not thorough. The bathroom did not have a fan for ventilation. The room was a little small but that was understood before staying. Some of the interior rooms do not have windows but are a little larger. If possible stay on the backside of the hotel because the windows are not very sound proof. Parking at the hotel is minimal but there is additional parking about 3 blocks away. The staff was polite but openly talked about their displeasure of working there or what they had to do.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I was on a business trip, trying to save money on hotel expense and get the best value for the money. First found this hotel via Bing. It advertised $125/night. Then online on their website 19atlantic.com they had a promotion of $89/night which I liked a lot. That's basically what I mostly liked about the hotel - price. Everything else is so-so: room was tiny ( but I admit it was very clean), it's not located on the ocean, it has small staff. Basically, it's OK to stay there, but don't expect any luxuries. Best value for the money, I guess. And, yes, it's just about 2 min walking from the beach, which is nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business