“Very Nice Hotel”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed May 14, 2009

We really enjoyed this hotel for the price. The location is great! It is right down the street from the Conference Center.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 10, 2009

My husband and I checked into this hotel in May 2009. We were given a room without a window. I literally have never even heard of a hotel having rooms without windows! The manager told me he couldn't move us because there were no other handicap rooms available. We didn't not request or need a handicap room. Besides they don't allow their handicap guests windows?? Awful. He refused to offer us a better room for the same or a discounted rate even when I told him he was practicing unlawful business practices for not disclosing which room I was booking online.

He was not friendly and kept acting like everything was my fault and that it was a big hassle to try and help me. He offered me a specific room and when we went to meet him there the lock was broken. He told was being very sarcastic saying we don't want that room because the lock is broken, HE is the one that told us to meet him there! I told him we are not comfortable at this hotel and we requested our deposit back.

Beware, this hotel is not nearly as nice in person as it looks online.

We lucked out and were able to book a room for our full stay at the beautiful Ocean Beach Club Resort for not much more per night.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vacationannie
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My wife and I came to VA Beach so I could go fishing and she could walk the beach. Room and hotel are very clean with great reception staff. Rooms are small, but you're not at Virginia Beach to spend lots of time in the room. Conveniently located on the inland side of Atlantic Ave -- you're just a block away from the beach. Best price on the beach or anyplace in the area. Loved the fact that there was no stale cigarette or damp musty smells that are present in so many beach hotels.

Reviewed April 27, 2009

My husband and I went to Va Beach for our Anniversary. We stayed for one day. The price of the room was great. The location is awesome-right across the street from the beach. The single bed rooms are very small so we changed to a double bed room, just for extra space. The rooms are newly updated and very clean. We loved the flat screen and updated furniture. We had a little fridge and microwave as well. The bathroom was very clean and they had Bath & Body Works samples of shampoo, conditioner and soap--which I thought was a great touch-not the usual cheap hotel stuff. The staff was very engaging and very friendly. The room didn't have an iron--but the staff brought up a board and the iron when we requested one :) We do plan to return to this hotel on our next trip to Va Beach, without a doubt. We were very impressed. We had dinner at Rockerfeller's Restaura--very delicious food. Mary's Restaurant was also great for breakfast--great prices, yummy food.

Reviewed April 26, 2009

Overall I loved this hotel! It's very clean, pretty and affordable! The ONLY problem was the air conditioning! It was a VERY hot weekend (about 95-100 degrees), and the ac units there are controlled. The fan constantly ran but the AC only came on about once every hour for about 3-5 minutes. I didn't understand, their thermostat was set to 76, which is pretty high for a sweltering day! I'm pregnant and was very uncomfortable throughout the night b/c it was so hot! A guest should be able to control their own room temp!

Reviewed December 1, 2008

Just returned from a business trip to Va Beach.
A friend had told me about the hotel.
Newly renovated Very Clean All New!!!
Staff was very friendly, helpful and very professional.
Most important the hotel is within walking distance to the Virginia Beach Convention Center and the beach.
Close to all activities and restaurants.
This is VA Beach's best kept secret.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank navyseallover
Reviewed October 12, 2008

On a whim I decided to go to VA Beach for the weekend but was on a budget and found 19 Atlantic Hotel. I wasskeptical because of the price and the accuracy of the location but upon some further research found that this was a great area just steps from the beach.
When I arrived I was more than pleased by the location and the service. Everyone was friendly and kind and most of all generous. The rooms for a single person are small but just enough with all the amenities as far as hairdryer, soaps and lotions, Plasma TV, fridge and microwave.
My stay was great. The only thing was the internet. If you are coming to work, it may not be possible to access the web. There is an internet cafe a few blocks away but when I ventured to find it, it was closed.
Overall my time was amazing! The beach is literally across the street, the staff was helpful and informing, especially the housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)