“Okay but tiny rooms.”

Ranked #67 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Danville
“Okay but tiny rooms.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

First time to Va Beach. Booked online. Room was tiny. Had about a foot and a half of space all around the bed. Bathroom also tiny. Across the street from the beach. Right in the middle of the strip. We walked everywhere. Modern room. Great bed. Flat pillows. Filthy carpet. Desk staff were all friendly and helpful. Next to last night ac started dripping, but it never seemed to cool anyway. Staff moved us to a nicer room with a lot more walking around room but no view. It was in back of the hotel. AC worked great in there. Cable tv. NO WIFI. Wired internet only. NO POOL. Smoking deck way up on the roof a pretty long walk away. Its got walls on three sides which block wind, but restrict view to straight ahead, and if your sitting down you cant really see anything. Cheaper restaurants on the street behind the hotel rather than on the strip. Calzone at Doughboys Pizza was the best I ever had. Bullys BBQ was three or four blocks straight back behind the hotel. Good food and friendly staff. Best breakfast we had. Buffet place on street behind hotel, a block away. Good food, friendly staff, not overcrowded like the strip. This hotel is also next to a strip of bars one of the locals told us they call "the block". Plenty of drunks out at night whooping and hollering. Glad I took earplugs, but hey, it is the beach so expected that. Plenty of souvenir shops all around. Overall not a bad place. Good price. Good location. Small rooms. No pool. No wifi.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Centreville, Virginia
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Location, with great access to the beach and surrounding shops restaurants etc. parking also included which is great. The room itself was very small and didn't have any windows which takes away from the experience a little. However for a room that you need to sleep and shower in its a great fit. Good price if looking for a beach weekend on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tom H
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The room was very small and no balcony, but it is only one block from the beach and the price was good. The room seemed clean, new clean sheets, clean bathroom. Carpet looked very old and stained.

They have one small parking lot near the hotel, maybe 20 spaces and the other lot is a few blocks away. This was a little annoying, but the second day we got a close spot and didn't move the car again. I agree with the other reviewer that the second lot is isolated and dark. I wouldn't be surprised if cars got broken into there. It is surrounded by bushes, so people wouldn't be seen. Your car tag says the hotel is not responsible for break-ins and thefts in the lot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen F
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Arrived on Friday afternoon and could not find parking and was directed to a lot two blocks away. The distance was not an issue but the lot was. There were no lights, it was dirt and littered with glass and metal! I did not feel safe leaving my car there. I mentioned this to the front desk and they offered no apology or solution. Once checked in we went to the room and it had never been cleaned from previous guest!! I went down and spoke with front desk staff and the response was "oh" and they gave me another key. Never a apology or an explanation. So we go to the next room. It had clean sheets and towels and that where clean ended. I would not walk on the carpet in bare feet! There appeared to be blood on the carpet, the walls were filthy, mold in the bathroom and the air conditioner did not work. I complained to the front desk staff and got my second"oh"!!! Horrible experience!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marymary587

Travelers are raving about these Virginia Beach hotels

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice and clean with good rate and friendly Staff. Good location centrally located, We get a room here four or five time a year and save. We never had any problems here and will continue staying here for we just use the room to sleep at night and during the day we are always on the go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Customer service is great, but my room SUCKED.

I just needed a place to lay my head for one night, so when I checked in, I napped without inspecting the room. When I woke up, I realized how dirty my room was: half empty bottle of water and some powdered substance on the stand; smelly shower curtain; pee-pee stains on the toilet; hair in the tub. I was running late to the concert, so I didn't have time to haggle with the front desk.

The next morning, on the way out, there was a Mega Roach in the hallway; I took a pic of it, that thing was the size of my thumb. I addressed the issue and they knocked 20% off my bill.......................yay....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2013

myself and a friendwent down for a night for a concert we stayed in a room with a single queen bed ...the room was TINY to the point thatitwas hard to get in the door with my bag in my hand and the bed was extremely UNCOMFORTABLE but my major complaint was that the AC unit made a noise every 60 seconds( I recorded it in my phone because it kept me awake from 3-6am) that sounded ilike a train was going through our room when I informed the man at the front desk in the morning and asked what he could do for us he said that all the AC units in the rooms have that problem and that he would not do anything for us...also when I went out on to the third floor terrace outside there wads man smoking weed at 10 am... I will never stay there again and I suggest others don't either

• Stayed August 2013