“Small Box Room”

Ranked #63 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Centreville, Virginia
“Small Box Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Location, with great access to the beach and surrounding shops restaurants etc. parking also included which is great. The room itself was very small and didn't have any windows which takes away from the experience a little. However for a room that you need to sleep and shower in its a great fit. Good price if looking for a beach weekend on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tom H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The room was very small and no balcony, but it is only one block from the beach and the price was good. The room seemed clean, new clean sheets, clean bathroom. Carpet looked very old and stained.

They have one small parking lot near the hotel, maybe 20 spaces and the other lot is a few blocks away. This was a little annoying, but the second day we got a close spot and didn't move the car again. I agree with the other reviewer that the second lot is isolated and dark. I wouldn't be surprised if cars got broken into there. It is surrounded by bushes, so people wouldn't be seen. Your car tag says the hotel is not responsible for break-ins and thefts in the lot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen F
Salisbury, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Arrived on Friday afternoon and could not find parking and was directed to a lot two blocks away. The distance was not an issue but the lot was. There were no lights, it was dirt and littered with glass and metal! I did not feel safe leaving my car there. I mentioned this to the front desk and they offered no apology or solution. Once checked in we went to the room and it had never been cleaned from previous guest!! I went down and spoke with front desk staff and the response was "oh" and they gave me another key. Never a apology or an explanation. So we go to the next room. It had clean sheets and towels and that where clean ended. I would not walk on the carpet in bare feet! There appeared to be blood on the carpet, the walls were filthy, mold in the bathroom and the air conditioner did not work. I complained to the front desk staff and got my second"oh"!!! Horrible experience!!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marymary587
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice and clean with good rate and friendly Staff. Good location centrally located, We get a room here four or five time a year and save. We never had any problems here and will continue staying here for we just use the room to sleep at night and during the day we are always on the go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Customer service is great, but my room SUCKED.

I just needed a place to lay my head for one night, so when I checked in, I napped without inspecting the room. When I woke up, I realized how dirty my room was: half empty bottle of water and some powdered substance on the stand; smelly shower curtain; pee-pee stains on the toilet; hair in the tub. I was running late to the concert, so I didn't have time to haggle with the front desk.

The next morning, on the way out, there was a Mega Roach in the hallway; I took a pic of it, that thing was the size of my thumb. I addressed the issue and they knocked 20% off my bill.......................yay....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

myself and a friendwent down for a night for a concert we stayed in a room with a single queen bed ...the room was TINY to the point thatitwas hard to get in the door with my bag in my hand and the bed was extremely UNCOMFORTABLE but my major complaint was that the AC unit made a noise every 60 seconds( I recorded it in my phone because it kept me awake from 3-6am) that sounded ilike a train was going through our room when I informed the man at the front desk in the morning and asked what he could do for us he said that all the AC units in the rooms have that problem and that he would not do anything for us...also when I went out on to the third floor terrace outside there wads man smoking weed at 10 am... I will never stay there again and I suggest others don't either

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jemma94
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We found this spot on TripAdvisor and are certainly happy we did. Our stay mirrored all the positive ones we read about. This hotel is a lovely and tasteful boutique, extremely clean with a respectful and professional staff. Check in was a breeze, the rate was terrific, and the location allowed us quick access to all of what we were looking for. We were especially delighted to find this hotel is only a one-block walk from the Amtrak bus stop after a long day of travel. How incredibly convenient! The room was small, but quite comfortable and cozy. We loved it and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple