“Vacations in VA Beach”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is my first time at this hotel, eventhough we have had 2 other vacations on VA beach before. On those previous vacations we have stayed at oceanfront hotels, which was very nice, but also VERY VERY EXPENSIVE ! !. So this time we decided to try another hotel and we chose 19 Atlantic, basically for its locations and price. We did a good choice. We spent 4 nights, and we really enjoyed our stay here. The beach is just across the street, although the beach itself is much better around the 11th street and 5th street. Rooms are very clean, spacious and with a nice modern look. Drawback - NO SWIMMING POOL and NO WI-FI connection.

Room Tip: I know some of their rooms are WITHOUT WINDOWS !! so I make sure mine has plenty of windows, I canno...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank essantamaria
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your business and we hope you choose the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your future accommodations to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in VA Beach early August. We had two queen rooms (one for the kids). We have stayed in many places in Vegas, Niagara and Ohio. 19 Atlantic was right up there in overall experience! This is not a resort hotel, but it is so close to beach, attractions, restaurants, etc., it doesn't matter. Three rooms are small but very nicely decorated and very clean which us our main concern. We had family staying in hotels along the boardwalk area and none of them were as nice. Other than no pool, there really is no downside at this hotel. We will prob only stay here from now on.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank kevjen826

I’m pleased you have chosen the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your vacation destination and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Excellent customer service, fair prices and fun accomodations! Room small but well furnished w/modern decor & nice bath. Convenient parking & just a crosswalk away from the ocean! Nice rooftop area for lounging w/ a view of the beach. Had a ball!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

I’m pleased to hear that our customer service met your expectations and If your travel plans brings you back to Virginia Beach, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

we just got back from staying 5 nites. we were on the 3rd floor in room 336 which was almost the last room. The rooms are small yet clean. The staff is friendly and are very helpful. They are very well located as they are right across the street from the beach. we went with my sister in law, her husband and two young boys. Their room had two beds, a little table and chairs. They enjoyed it too.
we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your stay. And we are looking forward to having your business again next summer.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The hotel is truly a retro classic. The halls are narrow and like a maze. Situated right across the street of the middle of the boardwalk. We had a small issue with my reservation, however Santiago and his staff came through with flying colors and put us in a room (suite) that more than comfortably accommodated all three of us. You can't get a better value in high season!! While it's not beach front, it's right across the street and has a great sun deck!! Rooms are on the "cozy" side, but really, how much time do you spend in your room when you're at the beach??!! Kudos to the staff!! They are truly awesome!! Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for the positive comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I feel lucky to have found this hotel after spending the night in a HORRIBLE place with an even worse staff. I found this hotel on the internet - their own website not the .com ones (I'm not going to use Orbitz ever again!) and my stay here has reassured me that good places and great people do exist! I was a 1st time visitor to Virginia Beach and they salvaged my tip from a horrible experience to one that made me feel safe and cared about. The rooms are as wonderful as the staff, Thank You 19 Atlantic staff.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street allow you to enjoy the street performers that Virginia Beach provides. It wa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2012

For the second year in a row this hotel and it's wonderful staff has provided me with excellent service!! If it weren't for this hotel and it's wonderful manager, my birthday wouldn't have been possible! I arrived early and my room was ready ASAP! This is my second year of staying there and I will continue to stay there each and every visit to Va Beach! Excellent service, clean rooms and a great deal! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Va Beach!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to see you next year for your next birthday.