“Great place to stay!!”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #72 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Nothing to say against this hotel. We went 3 times since 2009 at this hotel and we are probably going here again next year. Very good location. Near from many attractions. Very good price and good staff. There is the place to be! We got a very nice experience at this hotel! I suggest this hotel to everyone who want.to go in Virginia beach.

• Stayed: August 2011
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel in mid July to celebrate our anniversary. We had some questions and concerns about location and room size, as well as a few other issues that were mentioned on other reviews on TripAdvisor. We called and spoke to Santiago and we were very pleased. First impressions are everything and it definitely showed; he was very polite and very informative and long story short, we set up our reservations during that same phone call.

The hotel is situated right off of the thruway (264) and was very easy to find. By the time we had arrived, the parking lot was full (as it is a bit small), so we called the front desk. The girls working the desk were super friendly and told us to park in front of the building (the entrance to the hotel is on 19th St). They gave us a temporary parking pass while we checked in, and gave us a parking pass, and a map guiding us to the second parking lot. Some people seem to make a big deal about it, but it isn't a far walk, about two blocks (the corner of 19th and Arctic Ave).

The hallways are a bit narrow, but not confusing (they basically form a loop). The room was smaller than most rooms I've stayed in, definitely intended for a couple. but it was very clean and looked to be recently renovated. The bed was comfy, the A/C worked quite well, and there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. There was a nice flat screen TV and there was a nice view from the window, though it is my understanding that there are windowless rooms, so be sure to ask during reservations.

The hotel is right on the strip, in an excellent location. There's a tunnel directly across the street that takes you right to the boardwalk and the beach, which is a huge plus. There's a lot of entertainment happening on the strip, that goes late, which can be disruptive to any early sleepers, but that's to be expected and is inescapable regardless of where you stay on the strip. The rooftop patio is very nice, and spacious. There's a partial view of the beach, but it's fun to simply sit up there at night and see all of the lights.

All in all, checkout was very easy and the staff was warm and altruistic. Although the room was a bit small, it's an excellent place to rest your head while enjoying all that VA Beach has to offer. We will return, and we highly recommend for a couples' getaway.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to call and ask questions.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We have a great spot situated across the street from the beach with a view of the main street, Atlantic Avenue. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for Labor Day weekend, and it was an okay hotel. I had to speak to room service twice to clean the toilet, and when I arrived from my long 9 hour drive I had to wait at least 30 mins to check in. The parking was the worse, not to mention the tiny parking lot, with limited parking. In any case for the price it was an okay hotel, not one of my top picks. I had a wonderful time and Lisa at the front desk was great, she gave me directions printed to any location in which I asked.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a window facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We do guarantee to all guests a check-in time of 4:00pm. We do not guarantee early check-ins’, however in the event a guest arrives early, if their room is ready we do allow an early check-in.

I’m pleased to hear our staff member was tentative and provided all information necessary to make this guests’ stay accommodating.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I will stay here again and again. It is right across the road from the beach. The hotel was very modern and always clean. The staff was very helpful. The beds were so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of them. The bath and body works toiletries were an added bonus. Quiet hotel. Parking right outside (but this lot is small). Owner very friendly and accomodating. Can't wait to go back and stay here. I highly, highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Standard=window Int=no window
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

Rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The bathrooms were Very nice except way too small, shower too small and toilet is cramped up against the wall. If I would have been a bigger person there is no way I would have fit in either one. But the rooms, oh my, were way way way TOO SMALL. They need to turn 2 rooms into 1 room, I know it was renovated but they should have made the rooms bigger. Friendly staff, but in my opinion it would only be good for a day or so stay not a week like we did. We never moved our car because we were afraid of losing our parking spot and didn't want to have to park 2 blocks away to get in our car. So that made the trip terrible. If I knew we could have found another room in such a short notice we would have left if I knew we would have be given our money back. Longgg story short our beach trip was not as good as we planned thanks to the room. We will never stay there again for a weeks vacation. They should measure the rooms and put the size of the room in the description instead of just pictures. I did like that it was a short walk to the beach and the roof top deck area was great, very clean and nice furniture. There was some mold in our shower but we just tried our best not to touch it, it looked like it was in the caulk?

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2011

Thank you for the review. It is unfortunate the size of the room affected this guest’s vacation. We most certainly would have moved the room had we have known of the issue or any other problems associated with the room. As per our parking, we guarantee parking to all our guests, it may be in our primary lot or secondary lot, but parking is available regardless.

We appreciate the suggestion of the measurements of the guest rooms and will take that into consideration.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The housekeeping really turned me off. I was in my room while housekeeping was doing their thing. I put the notice on the bed that I wanted my bedding changed. To my surprise, I was looking right at Sonja when is tried to return the same top sheet to one of the beds. I insisted that she use a cleaned on. She also began to use the same pillow slips, but I should not have had to request her to AGAIN, use a clean one. This really annoyed me because the notice was placed on the bed to change it!!! I had to ask her twice to do her job and change it to clean linen. When I discussed this situation with Santiago, the manager, he defended Sonja as "one of their best" as if he did not believe me and I had to ask him for an apology -- he did not volunteer one because he seemed to be defending Sonja and her negligence. Because of this incident, I will NOT be returning for a 3rd or any time to 19 Atlantic. That really grossed me out to see she had the gaul to not put clean bedding on everything, especially when she knew I was in the room !!!! What nerve!!! The I began to imagine that she can do this and get away with it because most guest are not in their rooms when housekeeping comes. Also there were too many different types of taxes added on to the final bill.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

In regards to the housekeeping service I did apologize to this guest about her sheets not being changed and my comments to this individual were that I was surprised this particular room attendant did not change the sheets as she has had numerous acculates from many guests.

Unfortunately, in regards to the taxes, this individual felt the taxes were too high, which is something that is beyond the hotel’s control as we all have to pay taxes.

I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again. And please call me personally, so I may take your future reservation.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel was just what I was looking for. Across the street from the beach, loaction cannot be beat for the price. The staff at the front desk was really friendly. They answered all our questions no problem. Housekeeping was kind of lacking though. Had to ask like 10 times for towels, so eventually I just took it upon myself to take the towels off their cart. Is that rude?? Anyway they have a deck for smokers and it's really nice. It has a lovely view. The bed was okay... kinda small for 2 people. The room was pretty small too... just emough space to walk around the bed. Walls are thin, the neighbors were competing with us to see who could be the loudest, if you know what I mean. We won. TV was great. I've actually recommended this place to friends and I will def return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back.