“Completely surpassed my expectations”
Review of 19 Atlantic Hotel

19 Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #69 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I rented my room due to the fact that it was the cheapest place I could find within walking distance to the beach. This place completely blew my expectations! I have passed this hotel on several occasions, but I have never stayed. Though the rooms are fairly small, I did not have any issues with it. With two people, we had plenty of room to maneuver and scatter our bags. The room was clean, tidy, and felt completely modern. The staff was completely helpful and incredibly polite, from greeting me at my car when I pulled in to providing a quick and speedy check-out. All the other hotels in the area were double the price of the room we paid for, while they also were rated far worse than this hotel. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to any of my friends and family visiting the beach! Thank you for such a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Thanking you for staying with us, I am pleased you had a positive stay. We continue to uphold our reputation of having very clean rooms & our staff provides excellent customer service. I do hope you will continue to use the 19 Atlantic Hotel for your vacation getaways.

There are newer reviews for 19 Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stumbled across this hotel in an attempt to find a clean and afforable place to sleep on a Saturday. Across the street from the beach in the heart of the entertainment on Atlantic Ave. Could not believe the price when compared to other hotels in the immediate area. Hotel is newly renovated: simple and attractive. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Our room was small but spotless, comfortable and nicely decorated. We did hear some noise from the crowds and bars near us but were so tired from a full day that it did not matter. I certainly consider this hotel to be the best value in town when compared to $300-$400 dollar hotels across the street and the similarly priced filthy motels down the road. Great place for people who come to VA Beach to enjoy all it has to offer: not for those who enjoy the beach from the balcony or pool. Will DEFINITELY stay here again!

1  Thank jjoneswv
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

We appreciate the time you’ve taken to review the 19 Atlantic hotel. I feel what makes us unique is the relationship we build with our guests' and the cleanliness of the hotel establishment & guest rooms.

The rates we offer are at a value that cannot be beat for the Virginia Beach area. We hope you will make the 19 Atlantic Hotel your vacation destination when visiting Virginia Beach.

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Me and my girlfriend at the time needed a get away from work and to clear our minds of recent mishaps. We stayed at the 19 Atlantic Hotel and right from arrival were treated with some of the kindest welcomes I have ever gotten at a hotel. Little did anyone know but I was also there to propose. The location was amazing and left a great quick access to the beach and had some great entertainment right next to the hotel. I proposed to my now fiancé at sunset out on the beach and after a long walk on the beach, spent the night snuggled up with the love of my life on the roof patio area of the hotel. The staff was great and nothing but good things to say. The hallways are a little tight but it is an awesome little get away for a weekend away.

• Stayed: June 2011

It is a pleasure to hear when guests choose the 19 Atlantic Hotel for a special occasion. We have a prime location with the beach across the street and a popular hotel feature of our sun deck, perfect for the couple looking to share a special moment.

I am proud of how friendly and helpful our hotel staff is with every guest. We hope you will continue to make the 19 Atlantic Hotel your place of vacation for those weekend getaways.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a little getaway while grandparents watched the kids. The rooms are Super small. No doubt about that. We had bigger rooms in NYC when we stayed there. Also, the parking area is tiny and not large enough to accommodate on the wkds so we had to park in overflow parking 2 1/2 blocks away. It was quite a hike after a long day at Busch Gardens. They really should consider a Valet. There is a rooftop area without much of a view. He should consider investing in some umbrellas or an awning to make this a little more comfortable. This should be one of the main selling points of this hotel and so much more could be done to draw attention to it. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Next time we will spend a fraction more and stay in a room with at least a window to the beach if not a balcony.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for your review. We do have larger rooms that can accommodate up to four people. Our single double beds can accommodate up to two comfortably, however our single queen beds are larger.

Our primary lot is located next to the hotel; once it is full we do have a secondary lot. Although two blocks from the hotel, we do provide complimentary parking for all our registered guests. As there are many businesses at the oceanfront that do not offer parking for their customers.

I appreciate the suggestions of the umbrellas and the awning; I will take those ideas into consideration.

Again thank you for your review and I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here from June 17th to June 19th. We came down for a mini vacation for the weekend.
The Hotel:
The hotel was very easy to get to. The staff at the front desk were super nice and since we got there around 11 am, we were even able to check in early! Beware the hallways are a bit like a maze and are narrow in some areas, but once you get a hang of it your good to go. We got a room with a window ( they have rooms with no widows), it was small but was good for us since all we were using it for was a place to sleep and get out of heat from time to time. I loved the fact that the room had a microwave and mini fridge, which came in handy holding waters and what not. The room was clean for the most part, what I didn't realize until later when i wanted to take a shower that the towels were soaking wet. Either they were used and never removed or never fully dried in the drier. Either way the front desk came up with four new clean towels. The beds were super comfy. The room was always cool.
I'd say the best thing was the roof top deck, you could go out there and relax on a cool evening and even the location were there was always entertainment. The hotel has easy access to the beach and if you forget something there are a ton of stores where you can at least find something. Make sure to grab a travel guide some give you coupons for things to do around the area. We would defiantly go back there!

Room Tip: opt for a room with windows
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing the 19 Atlantic Hotel. I am pleased to hear you choose our hotel for your weekend getaway and that your experience was positive. It’s great that we were able to get you checked in early. I’m sorry to hear that your towels were wet when you wanted to use them. Our staff is very prompt with guest requests and has excellent customer service.

Again thank you for your review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Really friendly staff, the room was clean. Very small, so prepare for that. It felt like staying in a New York hotel. The location can't be beat, right across from the beach. We were very happy we stayed her, knowing that most of the folks around us paid $50 or $60 more for the hotels in the same area. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank josh l
19atlantic, General Manager at 19 Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

Thank you for reviewing the 19 Atlantic Hotel. I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We are in a great location being across the street from the beach and in the middle of beach street USA. I certainly take in consideration these difficult economic times when establishing our rates to offer affordable rates for everyone. Although we have the same amenities our rates are still lower than many other hotels.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the 19 Atlantic in May 2010 for a four-day trip to Virginia Beach. I originally chose the hotel because the reviews seemed great and the price was right for us -- and I wasn't disappointed!

To be honest, I loved pretty much everything about the hotel. It's unique, in a great location, the rooftop deck is wonderful, the rooms are EXTREMELY clean and the decor is very fresh and relaxing. We requested a queen room with a window and ended up staying in a corner room near the back of the hotel and we had windows in our room and our bathroom. Based on reviewer photos, I would say that the corner rooms are much more spacious than the regular ones, so when you call and book, see if they have any available (I will try to find my pictures and post them on here later).

The only downsides to the hotel are that the parking lot is small (yet we never had trouble finding a place to park), the showers are tiny (it was a bit awkward trying to shave my legs), and if you're looking for a pool or free breakfeast, this place has neither. However, for the quality of rooms and service, if you want to swim you can just walk across the street to the ocean and there are plenty of great, affordable restaurants to pick from for your meals. Overall, this place was a great hidden gem and I will definitely be staying here during future trips to Virginia Beach!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and have decided to make the 19 Atlantic Hotel your place of destination for your next trips to Virginia beach. I am very proud of the quality of cleanliness and customer service my staff puts into making this hotel enjoyable for all of our guests.

As per our parking, our secondary lot is more spacious and is able to accommodate larger vehicles. As of now, we do not offer complimentary breakfast, but it will be something we are looking into for the future.

Again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you soon.