“Great Value”

Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia Beach
Country Inn and Suites Chesapeake
Ranked #73 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 14, 2012

First time in VA Beach and we wanted to stay oceanfront. Hotel was clean, in the heart of the boardwalk, and for a room in the $200 range it was worth the money. It's not super fancy but it worked for our needs. Breakfast was good each day. Didn't use the pool as the beach was 20 yards away. We were told it is a salt water pool which is why it appears dirty/green to people. Staff were all nice, parking garage was convenient. Rooms were cleaned properly each day and they have complimentary coffee all the time in lobby. The location was the best, you are right in the middle so going left or right out the door gives you shops, restaurants, etc. We took shuttle to the aquarium which was nice. Waterpark was nice but be ready to open your wallet. Spent about $160 on two adults/two kids and a basic lunch. Only hotel complaint was slow elevator but other than that would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on four which gave some nice views from balcony. Lower might be nice due to elevator conge...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel is about 20 minutes from the boardwalk. Room and bathroom was clean. Attendant was on her break when we came to check in which is fine - every employee need a break time. Didn't use the pool which looks dirty looking from the window in the hallway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived and no one was at the desk, others had been waiting 15 minutes. Finally someone called the home office. Clerk showed up after 30 minutes. This was a Friday night the weekend before the 4th. Air conditioning was not working well and of course no one to fix it. Very small breakfast area, not close to the beach. We were very disappointed and will probably not stay at Country Inns again. Power failed during the night but came on again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Rooms were okay, but carpet was strained and sheets in pull-out bed were covered in what looked like brownie crumbs. Breakfast was not restocked and selection was limited. Pool was small and hot tub was out of order. Hotel was not worth the price of the stay.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

By far one of the best in customer service oriented hotels on VA Beach! From Tommy (Front Desk) to Orlando (Maintenance) and Jason (Houseman) - all could not have been more accommodating, genuinely friendly and helpful - they are prime examples of staff members the hospitality can be proud of, and we as a family traveling were very appreciative. Went to VA Beach for Patriotic Festival weekend and even with the crowds of people, we were very satisfied with our hotel selection. Clean and comfortable rooms and public areas. Garage a little tight for large vehicles but do-able. Great location and the oceanfront view from our 5th floor room was superior to watch the military airshow directly in front of this property. (Literally front row seats) On-site restaurant was very good with nice selections, not too overpriced for a resort location and staff very accommodating. VA Beach is getting a little "overpriced for their britches", but there are deals that are available through some of the travel sites and Country Inn & Suites seems to welcome you no matter what your deal is. Would definitely stay here again and will recommend. Kudos again to the staff! Thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront, however the best views are those 3 & up. Active location for the beac...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I knew I was doomed when we checked in at 10:30 PM and there were kids running up and down the hallways and people yelling out their doors. Apparently they overbooked themselves and the lone concierge had to be the bearer of the bad news. We were told we could try a hotel that was several more miles away. After driving from Buffalo, NY, with a stop to see family in the DC area, the last thing we wanted to do was drive to look for a hotel with vacancy...I mean...that's why people make reservations....To be fair, my mother booked this room for us and I don't know if she used a third party site (which I know theres a disclaimer, but how can you accept more reservations than you have rooms?). They ended up bumping other guests who hadn't checked in yet (meaning this poor kid had to give someone else bad news, my heart just goes out to him) and we were given a room on the top (3rd) floor. Everytime the AC kicked on, everyone stirred, and the blinking smoke detector was directly above the bed. The hot berakfast was mediocre. We ddin't have time to try to use the pool and very small gym that was available. I won't stay here again the next time we head down this way.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I usually look for a Country Inn and Suites when I am traveling, because I always have a pleasant experience. This one, I would not stay in again. The walls are paper thin and when the phone rang in the next room, I thought that it was my room, so I asked to be moved. I went to the next room, but it was even worse -- I could hear the TV from next door, so I moved back. The staff is more interested in their needs, for several reasons, one is that two of them had parked their cars side by side at the entrance blocking guests from using the entrance for several hours. It had rained heavily that day, but by the time we got there it has stopped, but the cars remained in place until the staff members got off their shift. I guess that they wanted to make sure that they didn't get wet, nevermind about their guests who have to load and unload luggage into the hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family