“Very Good Restaurant with one exception”
Review of HK on the Bay

HK on the Bay
Ranked #148 of 1,695 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed March 3, 2018

My wife and children have been there before but my first time, vey busy, great casual and friendly atmosphere and staff. Food is very good and very good value for what they give you for the price and fresh.
This was my first time there. Had one issue they lost, somehow, or drink order, did not get our wine until we were almost done with the starters. The waitress advised they lost the wine order????
We had the Tuna, Seafood Mac&Cheese and its was great along with the Crab dip.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Looking for something fresh & different? We were bored with our local restaurants and decided on HK. Glad we came early because by 6 on a Tuesday night, it was filling up fast. A cozy tavern atmosphere, more a sports bar but with a surprising menu. My gluten-free husband chose a broiled salmon served with 2 sides, he selected broccoli and asparagus, both nicely cooked.
I enjoyed a grilled portabella mushroom, served in a lettuce wrap and topped with house black bean salsa, delicious! My side was also asparagus, best I have eaten this year.
A decent wine list as well as loads of beer choices and an eager bar crowd to enjoy them. All in all we had an enjoyable evening, and noticed people were waiting to be seated as we left, popular spot.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

I had the blackened salmon, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. My gluten free meal was cooked perfectly, arrived hot, and was delicious! Others ordered blacked tuna, fajitas, tacos, and Ny strip steaks. Everybody loved their food. We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2017

We ate here on a Saturday night around 6:30pm while visiting the area. We're tired of the low quality places on the Oceanfront and ventured off a distance to the Bayside. It was a bit of a ride and located down some odd path through a residential area. We enjoyed the atmosphere of this restaurant as it is not that big yet tables and booths are spread out so the meal was relaxing. The servers are very friendly and pay attention to their tables. I had a BBQ Chicken Pizza that is made on pita bread (2 of them) and comes on a wood board with some ingredient garnishes, a unique presentation. My wife had a grilled Mahi fish that was cooked to perfection with some vegetables and mashed potatoes that hit the spot. We liked the antibiotic free, hormone free humanely treated, locally sourced philosophy of this establishment and the food tasted great. So we'd definitely eat here again when in the area.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Thursday is always our favorite night at HK. Last night was highlighted by wonderful service and exceptional desserts. Can't wait to return!

Date of visit: September 2017