“One of my favorite casual restaurants”
Review of HK on the Bay

HK on the Bay
Ranked #167 of 1,465 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hk on the Bay is an amazing restaurant with a wide variety of entrees. We have gone there so many times and each entree has been amazing. They have such a large menu. It is a very casual, loud, but upbeat restaurant. Wednesday night is my favorite as they have "all you can eat crab legs." I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

In spring 2013 I spent three weeks in Virginia Beach and ate at several restaurants across the area. I rarely write reviews but felt strongly enough about my experience here that one was warranted. If you want professional service and a memorable dining event, try Lynnhaven Fish House, Tautog's, Chick's, or Hot Tuna. If you prefer a loud room where no one, save the bartenders, have had any training, try HK's. When I entered it took a few minutes for the hostess to acknowledge me as she was chatting with an agitated boyfriend who really needed some money. Shortly after settling in, I ordered a drink. The waitress pushed me to order my meal as well, which I reluctantly did. I knew that was a mistake when my meal arrived before my drink did. It went downhill from there. Food was passable. Three people tried to take it away while I was waiting for my second drink. Clearly, they're all good kids, but the Owner should invest some time and train them. In the meantime, food isn't very good and there are plenty of other places to eat. Skip it.

2  Thank Will T
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went with a group of friends and the service was excellent and the food was awesome! The portions are good and the seasonings are great! I highly recommend the masonojito and the chimichurri steak!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you aren't a local this place could easily be missed and clearly it shouldn't. It is a great place to get breakfast as the selections are varied, the portions adequate and the prices very reasonable. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and well stocked. Evening meals are equally good. The beachy atmosphere makes HK a great place to seek out for good food and a relaxing time with friends.

2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The food is always good and they have good specials thru the week. Its a great place to go on the weekends, good bands. I would go there!!