The Founders Inn and Spa
$180
Country Inn
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$217
$190
  • Beachfront
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$186
$173
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$372
$255
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$224
$186
$259
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$153
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$156
$140
BestWestern.com
$339
$299
GardenInn.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$205
1,280 results
All reviewsswan terraceregent universityhunt roommain buildingcolonial styledog parktennis courtsoutdoor poolbeautiful propertyminute drivefitness centervirginia beach areamini fridgefireplaceweddingfoundedconference
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We stayed at The Founders Inn in June this year for a wedding at Virginia Beach, having checked out hotels on the beach this one looked so much nicer on the internet and it was!
The hotel staff could not have been more welcoming or helpful, our room was amazing, large, clean and with one of the biggest and most comfortable beds!!! We were also loaned a travel cot for our 5 month old (the only hotel on our trip to the USA to do this for us!).
The pool was lovely and my daughter had a great time playing in it!
Breakfast buffet was fabulous and, again, the staff were so helpful even though we got down there just as it was about to close!
Overall, one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in in the states at an extremely reasonable rate!
We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Rsolutions, Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2010

Dear WakeyWake :

Thank you for your wonderful comments! The entire staff of The Founders Inn and Spa enjoys providing excellent service to our guests. When you are back in the States, remember to stop by and see us again!

Reviewed June 5, 2010

At a recent stay, my wife and I were extremely let down at the room we were in. The wall paper was "bubbling" in the bathroom and on one wall next to the bed. There was a huge paint stain on the wall paper. However, that could have been overlooked until I saw the hoards of dead bugs on the outside of the window.
A bright side would be the common spaces. All were clean and very presentable.
We will be looking elsewhere when we travel to Virginia again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Rsolutions, Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Dear mikein03:

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your recent experience.

I apologize for the paint stain in the room. After receiving your email on Monday we immediately corrected this issue as well as the door sticking (mentioned in your email to us). I was disappointed to hear about the window in your room. A professional company cleaned the windows in this building just last month and did a wonderful job. We don’t know why the bugs accumulated on the outside of the window so quickly, but rest assured we have again cleaned the inside and outside of several windows facing the same direction thanks to your comments.

As you may already know, we started guest room renovations in March this year and anticipate completing all 240 rooms in December. While we will be almost 1/3 complete by the end of this week, we remain diligent with maintenance and repairs in all our rooms during this process and again apologize for these deficiencies.

Thank you for bringing these items to our attention. I was glad to learn that the Front Desk offered you the option of changing rooms but understand that moving would have been inconvenient. We appreciate the positive feedback about our public space and gardens. We are appreciative that you chose to stay at The Founders Inn and Spa and do hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 4, 2010

We wanted a get away weekend to relax and just enjoy some time away. We found Founders Inn & Spa online and booked it. What a great decision! This place is amazing!! The customer service was impeccible, the rooms were well appointed, nice restaurants, lovely grounds, no one was at the pool so we had it virtually all to ourselves, nice wine tasting each evening. I could go on forever. This place is well worth the drive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear swhrmgr:

Thank you for your kind words and we are trilled you enjoyed your stay with us!

Customer service is extremely important to us. I'm so glad you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves. We look forward to your next visit and helping create more wonderful memories.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Although the colonial decor may not suit everyone, we enjoyed the ambience, athmosphere and feel this place had to offer. Very peaceful, serene and relaxing. I loved the grounds/landscape, Thursday night pasta buffet was priced right. Other days, food is somewhat pricey. Front staff were all very nice. Fitness, pool, and spa are excellent. Even the kids can't wait to go back. Lots of free parking.

Rsolutions, Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2010

Dear minniemae:

We are thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us!

The Thursday night pasta buffet has become so popular we added another fun dinner option. Our Poolside Grill is open Friday evenings throughout the summer where you and your children can enjoy the pools, have a casual dinner (salads, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.) and watch a kid-friendly movie at the end of a fun-filled day.

Thank you for choosing to start off the summer with us at the Founders Inn and Spa, and we can't wait for you to come back!

Reviewed May 19, 2010

Our room was perfectly clean and smelled normal - I didn't have any of the problems others noted. No, the decor was not appealing to me, but I guess some people like that "colonial" look. (I'm not sure how colonial the rainbow colored carpet was, but, okay...). Plenty of towels, which I appreciated. Decent-sized room. Nice grounds with a pretty garden. A decent on-site resturant (three, actually, but one was closed for the season, and one we didn't dine at). The pools are rather small for a resort hotel. I was surprised they were so small. The jacuzzi at the indoor pool never warmed up hotter than the pool, though I ran through the bubble cycle twice - not sure if it was broken or I was doing something wrong. Good fitness center, with free weights as well as cardio equipment. Good, spacious spa with a full menu of services. If you're on a budget, this is a decent spa experience. They offer an affordable package combining room, two buffet breakfasts, and two massages. It isn't as luxurious as most spa hotels, but it's also not as expensive. About a 20 minute drive to the Beach/Boardwalk area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Rsolutions, Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2010

Dear Motherontheroad:

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Founders Inn and Spa and for taking time to review our property. I appreciate your comments and I’m glad your overall experience was positive. I do apologize about the Jacuzzi – it is such a popular spot we are frequently draining and refilling due to such heavy usage. Unfortunately, it takes longer than we would like for the water to reach the temps you expect in a hot tub.

We are currently renovating all our guest rooms – an ongoing project which will be a third complete by June 11th and will be totally complete by late fall this year. One of the most significant changes is the carpet. Our new guest rooms will remain colonial and continue to have a comfortable “inn” feel.

We look forward to your return visit to enjoy our new guest rooms along with the other wonderful amenities you mentioned above. Thank you again for being our guest.