We stayed at this place for 3 nights during our first visit to Virginia Beach. The main building is very impressive. Our room was in the building to the left of the main entrance which is nothing special. The service was great, we requested a crib prior to arrival and it had been delivered to the room, they also brought us a microwave when we asked for it. Some guests were making a lot of noise past midnight on Saturday night, a quick call to the front desk seemed to have resolved it. The carpet in the room was not vacuumed very well though, I found rice grains (! ?) next to one of the beds. The bathroom looked old and rusty which is probably expected of an old hotel. The fact that the indoor pool was closed for maintenance was a disappointment since it was raining almost the entire weekend which made the beach and the outdoor pool unusable.
We enjoyed dining at the Swan Terrace: great service, delicious food. We ordered the pre-fix dinners which turned out to be a lot of food. The crabcakes were an absolute hit as well as the brick oven brie. Would definitely eat there again. Breakfast buffet was tasty however we wished there were more variety. The fitness center was surprisingly spacious and the equipment was in decent condition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach