Spent two nights here while visiting the Regent University campus. Check-in and check-out were easy. We were given a room in one of the lodges, not in the main building/conference center. Although it faced the main road, we didn't hear any road noises, which was my initial concern. Our room was right across the hall from the elevator and several feet from the front door so there was some noise (not too bad) associated with traffic from people coming and going. I wondered if this is where they put guests who prepay through opaque booking sites? :-). Anyway, the room was nice. I loved the beautiful quilts on the beds and the matching drapes. The beds were also comfortable. They may be a little soft for people who like firmer mattresses, but they were just perfect for me. The room and bathroom were clean. I did notice the pressure in the commode was not that strong but it worked just fine. The big, flat screen TV had great HD quality. Hotel was close to the interstate and right by a main road so it is easy to find. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping places within a five minute drive of the hotel. We crossed the street to eat breakfast at a Waffle House. There is a dining room/restaurant in the hotel but we did not try it. The lobby of the inn and conference center was beautiful and had plenty of "colonial" character. Would be glad to stay there again next time we visit Regent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach