“Founders Inn and Spa”

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Houston
“Founders Inn and Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Spent two nights here while visiting the Regent University campus. Check-in and check-out were easy. We were given a room in one of the lodges, not in the main building/conference center. Although it faced the main road, we didn't hear any road noises, which was my initial concern. Our room was right across the hall from the elevator and several feet from the front door so there was some noise (not too bad) associated with traffic from people coming and going. I wondered if this is where they put guests who prepay through opaque booking sites? :-). Anyway, the room was nice. I loved the beautiful quilts on the beds and the matching drapes. The beds were also comfortable. They may be a little soft for people who like firmer mattresses, but they were just perfect for me. The room and bathroom were clean. I did notice the pressure in the commode was not that strong but it worked just fine. The big, flat screen TV had great HD quality. Hotel was close to the interstate and right by a main road so it is easy to find. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping places within a five minute drive of the hotel. We crossed the street to eat breakfast at a Waffle House. There is a dining room/restaurant in the hotel but we did not try it. The lobby of the inn and conference center was beautiful and had plenty of "colonial" character. Would be glad to stay there again next time we visit Regent.

Room Tip: If staying in a lodge, ask for a room away from the elevator and front door for less noise.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank surfnshopntravel
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Surfnshopntravel,

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate knowing what our guests are thinking. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that The Founders Inn was conveniently located for all your interests while in Virginia Beach.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding your room assignment upon your arrival. Rooms are assigned on a space available basis. We do understand the significance of requests as it relates to the overall comfort of our guests. We attempt to accommodate all requests, additionally this is subject to availability. We are happy to note in your guest history that you prefer a room away from elevators, stairwells and any other noisy areas.

I thank you for your feedback and look forward to your next visit with The Founders Inn.

Sascha Hemmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I went down to Virginia Beach to visit my daughter and needed a room for the short stay. We found a great price of $80 for Saturday night and while we didn't know much about the Founders Inn thought it would be fine for one night. It is very conveniently located off I64 and is adjacent to Regency University ( founded by Pat Robertson). The room was comfortable, lobby warm and inviting and the grounds in the back beautiful. The exercise room in the Spa had every machine you could want.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Jack K,

I am pleased you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the equipment in the fitness center. We look forward to welcoming you again when you are in the area to visit your daughter.

Eldersburg, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been staying here since 2010 when my daughter moved to Virginia Beach- it is "my home away from home". I absolutely love this place & I use any excuse I have to stay here. The room prices are reasonable and everything about the hotel is great. Since I grew up in a Cape Cod style house & my bedroom had a dormer window, I always ask to stay in one of the 3rd floor dormer rooms- gives me exercise too walking up/down those steps instead of the elevator. Beautiful place!

I want to say something special about Cierra Edwards who is employed on the wait staff in the Swan Terrace Dining area- she is one fantastic young woman!!! She goes the "extra mile" in her work as a waitress. Good Luck to Cierra in all that she plans to do with her future. She has lots of energy to channel to whatever she undertakes. Good luck in school & work, Cierra! "Stay Focused" :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela K
Dear Angela K,

Thank you for your continued patronage of The Founders Inn. We are honored that you feel so comfortable and we can bring back fond childhood memories with our dormer style rooms.

I will pass on your praises to Cierra . We are proud to have Cierra as part of our Founders Inn Family.

We look forward to your next visit.

Milford, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

the hotel is beautiful and has gorgeous surroundings. Unfortunately, when we were there the indoor pool and hot tub were closed but it was still a nice visit. They have a couple restaurants on the property but it is close enough to the freeway you can be in Norfolk or downtown Virginia Beach in no time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear corpsman51,

Thank you for your comments about The Founders Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. We hope you have a chance to visit during the warmer months and have a chance to enjoy the outdoor pool as well as the indoor pool. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Muncie, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I attended a conference at this hotel in March 2013..and used many of the facilities but did not stay at this location. Conference center was nice, wi if was strong. Facilities need some updating as the hotel looks old. Beautiful grounds and nice view from the back of the hotel. Front view is lacking but YMCA right across the street from the hotel. Banquet food was good and nice little snack bar in the hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear conference attendee,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at one of our conferences. I hope in the future you have a chance to stay overnight in the hotel, enjoy treatments at the spa, relax by the pool and have a romantic dinner in the Swan Terrace. We look forward to having you as a hotel guest.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed a couple days midweek because I found an internet special which included room and large breakfast buffet for $99. It was quiet with beautiful grounds including a small lake to walk around. The exercise facility was much larger than most hotels and included extensive weight training machines and free weights. We had a problem with a slow draining tub and the engineer appeared to fix it 10 minutes after we called. They were friendly and helped with suggestions of places to visit. I would recommend it at this price!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Mrs. McTaylor,

I am pleased you were able to take advantage of our special offer and enjoyed exploring our grounds. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Sascha Hemman
North Chesterfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

16th March 2013 we had the pleasure of staying at the Founders Inn. The service from the minute we arrived until we left was exceptional. I would like to thank everyone associated with the organisation for making us feel welcome. The Swan Terrace staff were also very gracious and the food was good. I will continue to make the Founders Inn my home away from home whenever time i get an opportunity to go to Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: The one bed/palour is my choice of room. The James buidling is very quite and you have views of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Allen-Farman,

It is always a pleasure to have you with us at The Founders Inn, and we area pleased that you consider us your home away from home. We will continue to do our utmost to make you feel welcome. We look forward to your next visit.

Sascha Hemman