The Founders Inn and Spa
$194
$169
GardenInn.com
Great 4.5/5
Hilton Virginia Beach Oceanfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$200
$176
  • Beachfront
$110
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$110
$90
Very Good 4/5
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
$92
$81
$206
$189
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Plus Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$96
$92
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
ComfortSuites
Great 4.5/5
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$140
$125
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
1,260 results
All reviewsswan terraceregent universityhunt roommain buildingcolonial styledog parktennis courtsoutdoor poolbeautiful propertyminute drivefitness centervirginia beach areamini fridgefireplaceweddingfoundedconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I had a lovely stay at The Founders Inn & Spa this past weekend. I just needed to get a way for a couple of days and my room was just what the doctor ordered! The room was beautiful, cozy, beautifully furnished and the grounds were very lovely. I had to ask the Concierge a couple of questions and he was very helpful and pleasant.
The area was very convenient close to the highway and very easy to get to. I would recommend The Founders Inn & Spa in a heartbeat! Looking forward to my next trip to Virginia Beach, I will definintely stay at The Founders Inn again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Madeline826
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at The Founders Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future for your next visit to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Spent a girls weekend at the hotel and have to say that the hotel has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. We all treated ourselves to massages at the Spa and Tonia is the most amazing masseuse - felt like a new person! Overall would recommend this hotel, great bang for your buck and beautiful grounds.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank LuluO_36
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you found our hotel beds comfortable and that you continued your relaxation with a visit at The Flowering Almond Spa. I will be certain to pass on your praises to Tonia. I know all our massage therapists do their utmost to ensure that guest unwind and depart pampered and relaxed. We look forward to hosting you on your next girl’s spa weekend.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Beautifully decorated and very spacious rooms. The buffet in the Swan Terrace had an abundant selection to choose from whether you wanted a simple continental breakfast or a full buffet with individualized omelets. The staff in the Almond Spa were very professionable and personable. The spa offers a very relaxing environment with knowledgable and caring staff. We were offered robes upon arrival and had warm beverages when our services were complete. Kudos to Tonia for a great facial!!! Great place for a weekend getaway!!

Room Tip: Ask for the fireside rooms and definitely enjoy the spa! Take a stroll around the grounds and enjoy the beautiful views of the lake and gardens.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that Tonia was able to proved excellent service. We are very proud of our spa and hope you will find time in the future to return and indulge and relax with us here at The Founders Inn.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

THE SPA

Just a couple of weeks ago, my sisters and I had a girls spa day at The Founders Inn. MY experience there was extremely different from another reviewers. When we arrived we were quickly attended to by the friendly young lady at the desk and given a tour of the spa area along with our locker keys. The robes and shoes are provided in the lockers. The locker room area included showers and restrooms and the facility was private and lovely. There's a pool and spa in addition to a sun room to lounge in. I decided on the sun room and drank a cup of tea while waiting on my massage.

THE MASSAGE

I'm very particular when it comes to massages. They don't really do it for me, as I rarely get a worthwhile masseuse to do the most basic thing, help me relax! I had almost given up on 'em until I met Tonia. She is one of the masseuses there and worked wonders on my tired back. She is friendly and professional, and seems to be very knowledgable about her craft. If you're thinking about having a spa day with the girls or just need to relax your tired or injured body, be sure to visit her. The only bad thing I can think of is that she doesn't live in California so I will have to wait 'till I'm back in Virginia to get my massage. My sister had the other masseuse who worked there and had good things to say about her too.

BRUNCH

A couple of times here for Brunch with the family and I'm sold. There's a seafood bar with yummy crab cakes, a dessert bar with many different cakes, the waffles are amazingly soft. You'll find the food they serve at Brunch is consistently great and the selection is large enough for a picky eater.

THE HOTEL

I've stayed here before for the New Years package, and have decided not to return for the rooms. The management addressed my concerns after I wrote the review, but I would rather stop by just for Brunch and Spa. Although my overnight stay was sub par, I think you'll find the grounds to be well kept and lovely with an old world charm in it's decor, the restaurant keeps a good chef, and the spa (with Tonia) is a gem. :-)

A more accurate name would be, The Founders Spa and Brunch

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FoundersInn, General Manager at The Founders Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you had a wonderful experience at The Flowering Almond Spa and The Swan Terrace for your Brunch. We do attempt to pamper our spa guests, and I am very proud that Tonia exemplified this in your recent visit. I will be sure to pass on your praises to Tonia and let her know what a gem you found her to be. We look forward to hosting you again on your next spa outing.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

A year ago I complained on Trip Advisor that the hotel and in particular its Swan Terrace restaurant had declined in quality from the year before. Now I am happy to say that the Inn is better than ever.

Again we had our Christmas dinner here. Everything had improved. There was everything on the menu that anyone in our party of 10 could have wanted. The price per person had risen by $5 to $40, but we took a chance, hoping that perhaps the Inn had corrected the problems of inadequate selections and not fresh, hot food. All was excellent. What a feast. And the hotel itself was sparkling clean and decorated beautifully.

I learned this year that the hotel and Regent University is part of the Pat Robertson network. Had I known that before, my prejudices against him might have prevented me from going. However, there are probably plenty of other institutions I patronize that also have kooky owners, and I'm sure he's not the worst. (How's that for rationalization?)

In any event, everyone in the family had a great time again, and we will go back next year, I hope. It is a terrific place for a family reunion.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

'Dear Guest,

I am honored that you returned and gave us a chance to regain your loyalty. It pleases me to know that our staffs effort and dedication to improve has been successful.

Capella Hotel Group has taken over the management a little over a year ago. We do appreciate that the changes are constantly noted as positive. We have worked hard to bring Founders Inn and Spa back to its old glory, yet add a worldly touch which was and is our continued goal.

We look forward to serving you in the future.