Just a couple of weeks ago, my sisters and I had a girls spa day at The Founders Inn. MY experience there was extremely different from another reviewers. When we arrived we were quickly attended to by the friendly young lady at the desk and given a tour of the spa area along with our locker keys. The robes and shoes are provided in the lockers. The locker room area included showers and restrooms and the facility was private and lovely. There's a pool and spa in addition to a sun room to lounge in. I decided on the sun room and drank a cup of tea while waiting on my massage.
I'm very particular when it comes to massages. They don't really do it for me, as I rarely get a worthwhile masseuse to do the most basic thing, help me relax! I had almost given up on 'em until I met Tonia. She is one of the masseuses there and worked wonders on my tired back. She is friendly and professional, and seems to be very knowledgable about her craft. If you're thinking about having a spa day with the girls or just need to relax your tired or injured body, be sure to visit her. The only bad thing I can think of is that she doesn't live in California so I will have to wait 'till I'm back in Virginia to get my massage. My sister had the other masseuse who worked there and had good things to say about her too.
A couple of times here for Brunch with the family and I'm sold. There's a seafood bar with yummy crab cakes, a dessert bar with many different cakes, the waffles are amazingly soft. You'll find the food they serve at Brunch is consistently great and the selection is large enough for a picky eater.
I've stayed here before for the New Years package, and have decided not to return for the rooms. The management addressed my concerns after I wrote the review, but I would rather stop by just for Brunch and Spa. Although my overnight stay was sub par, I think you'll find the grounds to be well kept and lovely with an old world charm in it's decor, the restaurant keeps a good chef, and the spa (with Tonia) is a gem. :-)
A more accurate name would be, The Founders Spa and Brunch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach