We booked a 2 night stay right before the 4th of july holiday weekend and lucked out by getting one of the few last rooms. We did a special package that included free breakfast buffet for only $1 more for the entire stay on their website and that was GREAT! :)
Stayed on the 3rd floor of the james lodge - corner room/queen bed. I am a stickler for cleanliness and bugs etc. and they did NOT disappoint! Check-in was super easy, parking is plentiful and upon entering our room, I did my "bug/dust check". (Lifting up the bed covers, checking the headboard/sideboards of the bed, lifting up the mattress, running my fingers across the headboard/lamps etc) --- everything checked out fantastic! and the beds were SOOO comfortable...I actually got a great night's sleep!
We did VA. beach which was only 15-20 mns away and right off the highway so it was very convenient. We will definitely stay at the property again!
-staff was the most friendly we've ever encountered at any property, and we travel pretty often!
-cookies & milk in the main hall from 7-10pm! :)
-beautiful garden/lake to walk around in
-super clean bed and room
-breakfast buffet was delicious, coffee was excellent (no burnt coffee taste), and they had made to order omelets.
-AC is quite loud in the room, we usually sleep with white noise so it didn't bother us too much but it may bother some..
-I emailed the hotel a couple of days before our stay regarding pricing but never got a reply :(
-Resort fee is $11.00 per night, but I think this should only apply to those who actually USE the facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The timeless Founders Inn and Spa is a Virginia Beach resort that pampers guests with the comforts of home, concierge attention and hi-tech conveniences. Select guest rooms with fireplaces and views of the serene lake and lovely Colonial garden are especially unforgettable. The Founders Inn and Spa features a wealth of excellent amenities and guest services including comfortable rooms and suite accommodations, in-house restaurants, a spa and fitness center, a shuttle service, pet-friendly rooms, complimentary wi-fi, a business center, special event spaces and meeting venues, to name a few. Whether it is a business stay, a family vacation, or a life event, we are looking forward to a chance to serve you at The Founders Inn and Spa near Norfolk, Virgnia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Founders Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Founders Hotel Virginia Beach
- Founders Hotel Virginia Beach