New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach

La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #23 of 108 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Maryland
“Nice place to stay with your dog”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2009

We always take our dog to the beach with us to it's important that we find a hotel where we can take him. This is one of the most dog-friendly hotels we have ever stay at and would definitely recommend it to other dog owners. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. It was a tad on the old side, but that didn't take away from it's charm. Didn't try the breakfast because we were looking for something more substantial, but it looked pretty good. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

This was my first time staying at the Laquinta inn attending the neptune festival and knowing that they except pets with no extra pet fees. I must say that the front desk personel were very freindly (CASEY), did not get in the room until about 3: 00, had reservations.The room was very nice, i was amazed at the cleanliness with no dog, or musty smells very fresh. The beds were very comfortable with the pillows propped up .But i can say that the "little " breakfast they have is just that. It was not very appealing to me at all, the little that they had was scattered about , i guess to make it look like alot. but overall my stay was very nice and i will stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
SW Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stayed at La Quinta VAB, VA with my 2 year old son and my sister and her family (in a close-by room) and for the price the hotel was not so bad. They were doing construction on some other rooms, so that was an inconvenience. However the staff was accomodating when we asked if they didn't start so early in the morning. The indoor pool was FREEZING cold although they said it was heated, but again the staff addressed the issue quickly. I had a king room with a sofa bed. The sofa was ancient, but the bed was comfy and the linens clean. The room overall was slightly outdated, and there is no balcony. The room lighting was "dark". The room had a microwave and a fridge, which worked out well as our stay was 5 days. The bathroom was clean, but the water that first came out of the tub faucet was "rusty". I really liked that the parking was free and plentiful! The area appeared safe and wasn't too far from the action, yet far enough away to be quiet and peaceful (again, off-season). The elevators were pretty quick, and the complimentary breakfast was pretty good (fresh waffles!).

Overall the price value made it a great choice, but I cannot see spending hundreds of dollars to stay here during peak season.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

Great value, comfy beds and very nice interior room. We didn't like pools and didn't use them. We don't need pool near the ocean. Book this hotel if you would like to save money and get good service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

Always stayed here when it was Comfort Inn.. still miss the awesome hot breakfast buffet with sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs etc. Stay here regularly when visiting family in area. Quality has gone down. Fitness room has no treadmill; it used to. The elliptical does not give you any kind of strenuous workout. Hallway was not vacuumed entire stay. Trash bags put out into the hall by patrons were not taken at once. Two lay there longer than 24 hours. Room air conditioner units were extremely noisy. Beds comfortable, clean linens, and no sign of bed bugs in the room. Poorly cleaned before our arrival. Very close to big grocery store with salad bar etc. Walk to the beach is not a burden at all. Crossing the two streets is not a problem. Traffic is traffic no matter where you are. I will continue trying to find a similar hotel at this or a lower price.. but have not had any luck in that search. The price we got was a good deal and the staff
was helpful. It seems that they have cut back on cleaning staff and custodial. That takes its toll in the long run. Prefer no pet hotels.. Animals are animals and do leave stuff humans would not. Excellent parking..always able to find a spot.. even late at night.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

I have been coming to the hotel at this location for nearly two decades--it's my favorite in-season get away, an easy 2-block walk to the beach yet out of the congestion, with indoor and outdoor pools so there's no need to fret the weather. This is the first time I've stayed since it converted from a Comfort Inn to a La Quinta Inn and I held hopes it would still be the same clean, good value, congenial atmosphere place of before, but I'm afraid I was disappointed. Besides being generally more run down (to be expected as the facility ages), I found the staff generally to seem to feel inconvenienced by guests' requests. Most notably, while sitting in the lobby I overheard a discussion that someone had complained in the morning that the hot tub was too hot and then when it was turned down someone else complained that it was lukewarm. My sons and I experienced the very same thing--in fact, my older son scalded one foot when he tested the hot tub ... after lending us a thermometer, the person at the front desk said something like, Well, I don't have anything to do with the hot tub ... which may be, but as the representative of the hotel, it's important to make sure that _someone_ is monitoring the temperature. I got the feeling no one was really concerned/paying much attention (and I was concerned that a little child could actually get hurt). I do have to say that in my 2+ days there, the manager seemed to be very busy and earnest about attending to guests' needs so perhaps steps are being taken to increase the hotel's quality again. I will also say that you still can't beat the location, the rate was quite reasonable for in-season, and the hotel seems to have a very nice family-friendly mix of guests, including a good many speaking foreign languages, which lent a nice atmosphere. And my kids still get a kick out of making Belgian waffles for their complimentary breakfast. I'm sad to say I will be looking for a new getaway location in Virginia Beach, but this one gave us lots of good years.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
n.c
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

This was the worst la quinta i ever been , it has a horrible cigarrette/crap smell and no air circulation at all , the hallways were dark and stinky also the pool had too much chlorine
couldn't wait to get the hell out of there it ruined my first and last visit to v.b.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple