“Great Stay / Pet Fiendly”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Virginia Beach
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
A La Quinta traveler
Syracuse, New York, USA
Reviewed May 13, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed May 11, 2013

After our short (5 minute) stay at the Blue Marlin we drove a few blocks to the La Quinta. We didn't have a reservation but they were able to accommodate us. We had a room with two double beds and a bath. The room was clean and moderately price. I even received a "Veterans" discount. The second of our two nights was a little noisy with doors being allowed to slam shut until the wee hours. I can't fault the hotel much for that. We didn't have the free breakfast. Overall the La Quinta saved our trip from being a disaster.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a spectacular hotel after I stayed in the dreadful motel 6 in Norfolk. If you are curious as to the exponential difference in my stay just check out my review there, you may also have a nice laugh! The Wifi here is fast and no extra charge and the hotel is conveniently located close to the beach and other things to do/places to eat. I recommend using the Groupon app on your phone to fine a nice restaurant as many restaurants on the beach are quite pricey. I managed to use my app and get $30 Groupon for just $15 at a nice place near the hotel.

I paid $89 for my room and after tax it came to 101 for the night, this was the government TDY rate but I am sure others can find this rate as well.

Oh and my Ocean View? I attached a picture to my review for you to see, although I am being slightly sarcastic, the photo truly shows how close you are to the beach,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Not the prettiest belle at the ball, but it served the purpose. The building is dated and the hallway weathered; but our room was clean and spacious. The staff was very friendly and the location was very convenient to VA Beach attractions without the cost of staying on Atlantic Avenue. The only downside was the ‘breakfast’ was barebones. Overall we would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, we made the mistake of coming to VA Beach during university beach week. The kids didn't help with how this hotel came out looking. The rooms were a good size. Fairly quiet from outside noise. Hallway noise was noticeable (but that's drunk college kids for you). The staff was very friendly and helpful but the front desk was not always staffed. The rooms smelled of cleaner and incense. You eventually get acclimated to the smell. Bathroom needed touching up...grout and tiles. Since this is a pet friendly hotel, you hear the dogs barking. Totally understandable. On the first floor, you can hear people going through the back doors either out to the parking lot or to breakfast. Could sleep through most of it. The only thing that kept me waking me up was how dry the air was.
Perhaps had we come during another weekend, it would have been more pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 27, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Easy check in. Felt so welcome with my 140 lb beast. Room was clean. Was able to leave my dog and head out to dinner. They took my number at the font desk of any issues. Close to the beach. Great walk.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo