“So easy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 111 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Toronto, Canada
“So easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Easy check in. Felt so welcome with my 140 lb beast. Room was clean. Was able to leave my dog and head out to dinner. They took my number at the font desk of any issues. Close to the beach. Great walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Randolph, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I planned this to be a weekend escape to get way from the daily hustle and bustle of our life...we found it to be an exhilarating experience...great room, great service and we would definetely come back....our dog Pandapaws says "woof woof "....thank you for your kindness and excellent service !!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Carmen G
Yorktown, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Decent hotel in a good location but wish I would have paid attention to the pets allowed information. Was suprised to see lots of dogs around the hotel and even though our room looked fairly clean, walking around in our socks showed dog hair. We also had a non smoking room but the room still had a smokey smell. Liked the breakfast bar and late check out for race weekend, but front desk staff wasn't overly friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Excellent place to stay at with or without pets. If you have pets it's the best. They have a dog walking area and bisquits at the front desk. Harris Teeter grocery store is right behind the hotel. Subway restaurant is next door. The beach is 5 minutes from the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is great. They have coffee in the front lobby. Best weekend getaway ever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here in April 2013 with a traveling wrestling team for the high school national championships. Had 4 rooms and a group of 7 kids and 2 coaches with me. Rooms were very nice and well appointed. Fridge & Microwave in each room, bathroom was also a decent size. Beds were comfortable and HVAC worked just fine. Breakfast was your average LQ fare, breads, cereal, DIY waffles, and hard boiled eggs. Got a good rate on the rooms, especially considering the high volume of visitors that were in town that weekend for the tournament. Not a beach front property, but it was 35 degrees all weekend and there's some good restaurants in walking distance.

There were several minor annoyances along the way. The fitness center is a joke, and I don't think it's ever been cleaned. There are 2 cable weight machines, but they aren't universal and can only be used for one exercise each. No water or towels around. But the night-time security guard was more than happy to come and keep me company during my workout. Which was, weird, to say the least. The business center also wasn't working for me. I had several things I needed to look up online and some insurance documents to print, but I couldn't even log onto the computer. I asked the front desk clerk for help and he just shrugged and said the power went out and probably messed it up. Oh, OK. That solves my problem. Thanks, guy.

The biggest problem I had was with the room keys. I had 12 total room keys (3 for each room) and I had to get each of them re-programmed about 5 separate times during our 4 day stay. This was a big problem, especially since we were traveling with kids. The first time it happened, the clerk made 3 new keys for the room in question, and said to keep them away from cell phones and TVs because they can deactivate them. OK, sure, I said, and I told the kids. It continued to happen multiple times to day with no apparent cause. At one point, I got all new keys for one room, and gave 2 to the kids staying in there, and kept one for myself (as a "control" experiment). I took the spare key and tossed it in a drawer with the bible, away from any possible interference and never touched it again. Like clockwork, the kids came knocking a few hours later because their keys werent working, so I grabbed the spare to let them in and determine once and for all that they were somehow de-activating the keys. To my surprise, the spare didn't work either. This whole process continued throughout the weekend, and was horribly frustrating for all involved.

I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing kids here by myself. God forbid if something happened when I would have stepped out of the room for a minute and not been able to get back in because my key wouldn't work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business