“Overall, nice stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yorktown, Virginia
“Overall, nice stay!”
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We stayed at this hotel May 23-26 with a 5 year old.

The room was very nice and clean. Beds were comfortable. TV had plenty of kid channels which suited my child right before bedtime. The mini-fridge was convenient but too cold and froze everything in there. Could not turn it down ourselves. The rooms face the ocean and that was great! Great location. Breakfast buffet is pricey but tasty. Staff in the restaurant were very accomodating and efficient. Two downsides: the pool/jacuzzi area was not very clean. I reported it twice and the pool was finally cleaned but the jacuzzi was green and too hot. My legs even got burned! Second, my car was scratched with valet parking service. I reported it but knew I would hear, "we are not responsible since that could have been done by another car...blaa, blaa" although I knew that it was done while it was being driven. You could tell by the scratch. Overall, a good stay, but I think you could get a room just as nice for a bit cheaper.

• Liked — Nicely appointed, clean rooms.
  • Disliked — Pool/Jacuzzi
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank yannazmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
MILLERSVILLE
Reviewed April 24, 2007

In April 2007 I decided that I need a small vacation after days of searching for hotels I came across the courtyard Marriott in Virginia Beach. After much research of other hotels I was impressed with the pictures on the website still a little apprehensive about reserving the hotel I took a chance and did it anyway. We arrived about ½ hour early and were greeted by the friendly staff that was very pleasant and professional The lobby had an excellent view of the beach I was actually watching the waves as they hit the beach. The indoor pool was very inviting it was clean and stock very well with towels for the guest. The smell of the chlorine was a plus I know that the pool was being cleaned and properly treated with chemicals. We were able to get a room on the 10th floor that had a wonderful, yet romantic view of the beach each and every morning we were greeted by a beautiful sunrise. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a Jacuzzi suite that was an added bonus and very relaxing after a day on the boardwalk. The only negative thing that I experienced was when I had reserved the room online I wanted to book it for 4 days and it only reserved it for 3 days. After I noticed that it didn’t reserve it for the number of days that I wanted I notified the front desk and requested another day in that room, I was informed that I had to move to another room , however I could check in periodically to see if someone cancelled their stay for the room we were in. I had check back on several occasions and over heard other staff members making arrangements to move guest around so they could keep their rooms, after hearing this being done a second time and bringing it to the attention of the front desk. I was told that they would do that for other rooms and not the type of room we were in. I stated to front desk person I was there when I over heard the front desk making the arrangements and ask the guest what room they were in and they stated a Jacuzzi suite. To make a long story short I went back and fourth with the staff for several minutes and finally gave up. We were moved to a Double suite not with Jacuzzi tub, however still with a beautiful view of the beach. My over all experience was a wonderful and relaxing one. I would definitely check into this hotel again as long as I double check my reservations to insure that they have the room I want for the numbers of days I will be staying.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RIZZYOH
rachelinman, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 9, 2007
The Courtyard Oceanfront South has recently appointed new management, myself included. Our innovative purpose and high aspirations will make your next stay at the Courtyard Oceanfront South a remarkable experience. We look forward to exceeding your expectations.
~Rachel Inman