“Awesome staff, great location. clean rooms. Highly recommended”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ronkonkoma, New York
“Awesome staff, great location. clean rooms. Highly recommended”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for a cheer-leading competition in the beginning of may and had a great experience. The whole staff from the top down made our stay extremely pleasant and fun. Randy the manager needs to be commended for his customer relations skills as he goes over and above and shows a general feeling of trying to connect with the hotel guests. the rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The lobby area is nice and looks recently redone and includes a small counter service food area with Starbucks products. Outside sitting and eating area is on the boardwalk only a few feet away from the beach. Excellent location and affordable considering the location. Plenty of stores and restaurants within walking distance and even across the street and about a 20 minute walk to the convention center. you also have a good view of the fighter jets flying over during the day. I do not really recall it being an issue at night with sleep as they flew less if at all.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies and are facing the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to relay such positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled to the hear that our convenient location on the boardwalk was appealing to your family. The Bistro offers a wide variety of food items to fit every preference. Our property was recently renovated and our diligent associates work hard to maintain a clean and functional environment for our guests. We hope to see you in the future; please let us know when you are ready to visit us again!

Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently for my birthday celebration and had a wonderful experience! We received great customer service the moment we walked through the door largely due to Rande G. (who has incredible customer relations skills) ,the staff treated us like family even though it was our first stay at this hotel. The rooms are spacious very clean and very nicely decorated. we will definitely be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
I am happy to hear that you and your husband were able to enjoy your birthday weekend with us here at the oceanfront! Rande has a knack for making each and every guest feel comfortable and just like family. You may contact us at (757) 491-6222 when you are ready to make another reservation us. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to leave us such wonderful feedback.

Kind regards,
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Randell Gaines,manager of this hotel, is amazing! Sunday morning,sitting in the lobby,waiting for my family, I witnessed the best customer service and a man who really takes his job seriously! He greeted everyone who came in with "good morning"," happy Mother's Day , and other pleasantries. When I returned home, I realized that I had left my phone charger plugged in in our room and my jacket on the bed. When I called Monday , I recognized that pleasant voice ! He took my number and called back within 30 minutes . He made arrangements to send it back to me which I received promptly! It is rare these days to find anyone with work ethic, he went the extra mile. The hotel stay was such a pleasant experience, we will return soon!

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
2 Thank Mkstainback
Thank you so much for the fantastic review of your recent stay with us here in Virginia beach! I am pleased to learn that Rande was able to make your stay extra special, he is a wonderful asset to our property. Please let us know if you are planning a return trip in the future, we would love to host you again!

Culpeper, Virginia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have been telling everyone how wonderful my daughter & I were treated this weekend at the 25th Street Courtyard. We were greeted by Jonathan on Friday night and he was friendly and cheerful. Then, on Saturday morning after not getting much sleep, Randi made sure to find us a new room and the housekeeping dept even moved all our stuff for us. I have never had service like that before. Erin was also extremely friendly and helpful with getting us moved. When we checked out, we even got hugs from Randi. I have been to this hotel before and have always been very impressed! The lady that works the restaurant has been there for years and remembered by daughter from our last stay. Just a super friendly hotel that you can't find anywhere else! Love that they have a Starbucks downstairs too!!

Room Tip: Higher level rooms are better.
1 Thank LRNMOM
jonathan s, Front desk at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you so much LRNMOM for your kind words! At Courtyard Marriott South, we pride ourselves in having some of the friendliest staff so as to make your time away from home, feel like home. We thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family and we hope that we will able to have you stay with us again next time that you come to Virginia Beach.

Jonathan- Front Desk Agent
Brookhaven, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have to say by far this is the best customer service I have ever received, hands down, in a while. My family and I were treated so well in this hotel. It was clean and all the staff was attentive and courteous. From check-in to check out I felt welcomed. Jonathan, Erin, and Cristal (which I gave her a flower) were the epitome of service, I thank you, and I would absolutely recommend this hotel to my friends and family! I am a Marriott rewards member and I appreciate you guys! THANK YOU!!!

Room Tip: President Suite spacious and clean.
Green Features: I was really amazed because if you could have witnessed the volume of customers during this time. The staff was AMAZING, and did not miss a beat KUDOS!!
1 Thank FraStew
Robert D, Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Good Afternoon FraStew,

Thank you for the kind words. We always strive to provide our guest with a great experience, I am glad we were able to provide this for you. We also appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Rewards program. Your KUDOS will be shared with our team!

Yours in Hospitality,

-Robert Duffy, AGM
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Rande & Erin were awesome!!! When and if I return to VA Beach I would diffenently stay again. Rande made me feel relaxed and nothing was a problem. I also took a picture with him to post but I have not been successful in uploading yet.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Vaneey
Samantha S, Front Desk Supervisor at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such positive feedback. I am happy to find out that Rande and Erin were able to make your stay more special. Our associates enjoy taking the time to chat with our guests! I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay, and we hope that you will keep us in mind if you are planning to return to Virginia Beach in the future.

Sam
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Really great cu stomer service. Especially appreciated all the efforts by Johnathan and Greg.
They were courteous, friendly, helpful, knowledgable and fun. Loved the entire stay of 2 days
Also was impressed with the food quality in the area off of lobby. Was too tired to walk to anywhere and took our chance there--much to our delight. Delicious. .

Room Tip: We enjoyed the birds eye view of the 9 th floor.
Green Features: All well thought out . Rooms were clean and well arranged. They were a combination of simple and elegant. . .
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the wonderful review of your 2 day stay with us! I amm pleased to learn that you were able to relax after your move. Our front desk associates are always ready and willing to accomodate our guests, and we love making your stay even more relaxing. Our Bistro offers a wide variety of fresh items for breakfast and lunch, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of it! We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Sam