I recently stayed at this hotel the weekend of November 15th thru 17th, 2013 and had the perfect stay! I must say that I was a little skeptical at first before my arrival and I thought most "ocean front" hotels have a somewhat of a "mildew" type of smell ---however, this particular hotel did NOT have that smell. It was a PLEASURE to stay here. Customer Service was THE BEST!!!!! I own a timeshare and the customer service wasn't this great. We were here for a football tournament, therefore there were at least 22 kids, their siblings, parents and coaches (and I believe another team was staying there as well). Many times when dealing with kids, the employees can lose their patience ---but I did not witness this. Actually, I saw the lady at the front desk actually go give a little girl some juice and a pastry which I thought was so sweet of her because she didn't have to.
We hung out in the lobby a lot and met with the kids and that was our meeting spot before leaving out and not once did anyone complain. They were so accomodating.
I also believe the hotel was full to capacity this particular weekend and parking spaces were very tight--one worker came out to move their car just so I could park. I thought that was very sweet of him.
I'm not a coffee drinker but love my latte's and Ms. Shakeela made my drink PERFECT every time!!
Our breakfasts' were hosted by Amanda and she was very friendly and helped us with whatever we needed.
My name is Crystal, therefore I remember "Crystal's" name that was at the front desk. She was very pleasant as well as everyone I came contact with. I was in Room 710 and even our housekeeper was very happy and pleasant as well.
We truly enjoyed our stay. I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to others as well.
PS... the view was just AWESOME!! Waking up to the sunrise was just wonderful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Virginia Beach Marriott
- Virginia Beach Courtyard