“Wonderful Stay - Excellent Customer Service!”

Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Virginia Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel the weekend of November 15th thru 17th, 2013 and had the perfect stay! I must say that I was a little skeptical at first before my arrival and I thought most "ocean front" hotels have a somewhat of a "mildew" type of smell ---however, this particular hotel did NOT have that smell. It was a PLEASURE to stay here. Customer Service was THE BEST!!!!! I own a timeshare and the customer service wasn't this great. We were here for a football tournament, therefore there were at least 22 kids, their siblings, parents and coaches (and I believe another team was staying there as well). Many times when dealing with kids, the employees can lose their patience ---but I did not witness this. Actually, I saw the lady at the front desk actually go give a little girl some juice and a pastry which I thought was so sweet of her because she didn't have to.

We hung out in the lobby a lot and met with the kids and that was our meeting spot before leaving out and not once did anyone complain. They were so accomodating.

I also believe the hotel was full to capacity this particular weekend and parking spaces were very tight--one worker came out to move their car just so I could park. I thought that was very sweet of him.

I'm not a coffee drinker but love my latte's and Ms. Shakeela made my drink PERFECT every time!!

Our breakfasts' were hosted by Amanda and she was very friendly and helped us with whatever we needed.

My name is Crystal, therefore I remember "Crystal's" name that was at the front desk. She was very pleasant as well as everyone I came contact with. I was in Room 710 and even our housekeeper was very happy and pleasant as well.

We truly enjoyed our stay. I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to others as well.

PS... the view was just AWESOME!! Waking up to the sunrise was just wonderful!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a fantastic review of your stay last month! I am thrilled to learn that your family had a nice time at Courtyard South for the football tournament. I am also happy to hear that our associates made positive impressions on you and that they were able to make your stay even better! Our team is here to make your stay as comfortable, relaxing and fun as it can be. Please let us know if you are planning a return trip to Virginia Beach in the future!

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I checked in on Friday Nov 8 it was later in the evening. The gentleman working the desk thanked me right away for being a reward member. It was a informative and speedy check in. The next morning I was wanting to go for a run and needing head phones bc I ended up losing mine in my travels. The girl at the front desk was able to assist me in finding a new set. I was needing to catch a cab later on that afternoon once again the ladies at the desk were able to look up where I was needing to go, told me an ETA on how long it would take,and got a fast reliable cab service to get me where I was going. This hotel is in walking distance to many stores and restaurants. It is an ocean front property and access to the board walk.
Thank you Va Beach Courtyard Staff for making a long weekend easy and stress free

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for the fabulous review of your stay this month! I am happy to hear that our friendly staff members were able to assist you on multiple occasions, and help to make your time away from home relaxing and comfortable. We appreciate all of our Marriott Rewards members, and I am glad that we were able to show you how much it means to us. We hope that you will make a return trip to stay with us again. Thank you again for the positive feedback.

-Samantha

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went for 5 nights late October and we would stay here again. I'm a very picky traveler and hard to please but this hotel met my needs. We didn't eat here as we tried many different high end restaurants in the area. 3 of those I'll mention were Catch 31, we dropped a few hundred here for 4 of us and it was fairly decent, our two favorites were Tautogs and DOC Taylors which happen to be next door to each other and have the same owner. DOC Taylors for Bloody Mary's and breakfast and Tautogs for dinner...fabulous! Back to the hotel- we were checked in immediately and had the most awesome Ronde. I don't know what this cat is getting paid but whatever it is, it isn't enough. He made it a point to say HI and chat with my son (15 ) everytime he saw him....remembering his name, Overall great place to stay for the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback about your 5 night stay with us! I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and were able to try some of the restaurants in the area. Our location is extremely close to various restaurants, stores and attractions. I am also glad to find out that Rande was able to make a connection with your family. Thank you again for your review, and we hope that you will stay with us again!

-Samantha

Reviewed November 10, 2013

bad customer service. This guy greg has an extreme bad attitude and doesn't care about the needs of the customer- he should find another line of work, or they should put him in the back office. also, no free coffee? You have to buy expensive Starbucks coffee instead. They did move me to another room based on my request, so that was positive. Overall, I like Marriott, they offer a good balance between price and quality.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank derrick w
Robert D, Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Derrick W

Thank you for your feedback. At Courtyard we feature Starbucks drip coffee, as well as specialty drinks in our Bistro. In addition we still offer complimentary coffee in all of our guest rooms. I apologies for any negative experiences you had, and your comments will be shared with our team.

Warm regards,

-Robert Duffy AGM

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a reunion with my family and it was awesome! I was greeted when we checked it by name and they new we were there to stay with our other family members. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping stopped by each day. The manager Robert was very accommodating and was extremely friendly. I loved we were right on the beach and loved the cafe that served Starbucks. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy B
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for the lovely review of your stay with us last month! I am so happy to hear that our associates greeted you by name and were able to make your family feel comfortable and at home for your reunion. Our housekeepers do an excellent job of ensuring that our guests are taken care of during their stay, and our location on the boardwalk always makes a stay with us just a little sweeter! Please let us know when you are planning a return trip, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here November 1-3, 2013. Hotel was very crowed, but check in went smoothly. Rando Gaines was very courteous and efficient.Breakfast buffet was plentiful and wait staff (Maury) were super friendly and attentive. Even though place was very busy still took the time to take care of each guest. Had a minor problem with my door lock and the maintenance staff was there to fix it four minutes after I called in the problem.
Great location on the beach. Definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad to find out that you enjoyed your stay, found our associates to be helpful, and took advantage of our prime location on the boardwalk. Even into the fall and winter season, our hotel tends to stay quite busy depending on the different events that may be taking place. We enjoy giving our guests a personalized experience, and we hope to see you on your next trip to Virginia Beach.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

(Preface) I am an avid TA reviewer. I wont even stay one night at a hotel without checking out TA first. So with that said, I reviewed a lot of hotels before settling on Courtyard for my overnight stay. I booked ahead of time to snag a decent room. I requested a high room with ocean front view. Thats just what I got! A room on the top floor with an ocean view and king bed. Bed was comfy and clean; as was the rest of the room. Front desk staff were pleasant and checked me in early- very quickly and efficiently too. I had no issues whatsoever with noise from other guests, even though the hotel was booked. The only not- so- convenient occurrences were that the small parking lot quickly filled up. So upon returning to the hotel for the evening, I had to park across the street in the lot. No biggie. I also have a charge on hold from the hotel which I do not know why its being held on my card, as I paid in full in advance and left my room in decent condition and made no charges to my room. I will contact the hotel and find out why this charge is being made to my cc. Other than those things, my stay at the hotel was very pleasant. I will certainly return, so long as this issue is resolved with the charge to my card.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shane1023
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! I am pleased to learn that you found our rooms clean and comfortable, and our staff to be friendly and welcoming. The authorization that you may be seeing is likely due to our incidental policy. Any additional holds are typically released after up to 5 business days. If there is a hold on your funds, please call us at (757)491-6222 so that we may contact your bank. Thank you again for the positive review of your stay! Let us know when you are ready to make a return trip!