Here the first weekend in November for the "Race for Breath" Lung Cancer fund raiser. Had a suite on the 4th floor with other family/team members. The suite had light switches that turned on nothing, you had to take at least 2 steps into the bathroom & 3 steps into the living room before you found a light switch that worked a light within that room. Took some searching to find the only channel guide in the suite with 2 TVs and it was on the desk in the living room, not with either TV. On the plus side, check-in was a breeze, Samatha greeted me with a smile and was super helpful. friendly and accomodating. Beds weren't bad with plenty of pillows to go around. Check out was also quick, easy and accomodating, allowing us a late checkout to attend the after race ceremony. Parking, to put it bluntly, sucked; the parking places are way to narrow with only a few inches between cars and only if everyone parked in the space evenly, and the lanes between are only wide enough for 1 car to pass thru. Also on the downside, their bar is in the lobby, in fact, when I first arrived in the lobby, I thought the bar was the check-in and it appeared that the business center was next to the bar; all of this being in a big open area. Breakfast was a $11.00 buffet that did include beverages, missing only orange juice, and for such a small area, served up a decent variety for breakfast and the waiter was working his tail off, not only working the tables but also helping keep the buffet stocked. Would I stay here again, not likely, find it hard to believe I can't get a better rate in November somewhere else just as close to the race sight. Atlantic Avenue is pretty much a ghost town and to be charging over $100 a night is pretty much price gouging as far as I'm concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Virginia Beach Courtyard
- Virginia Beach Marriott