“Best beachfront stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Best beachfront stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed with friends. We had a very nice suite on the 3rd floor. Luckily, for us, the weather was perfect. The art show proved a nice distraction from the beach. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I am happy to hear that you were able to spend such a nice weekend with us. The annual art show is a fun attraction for the entire family, I am glad that you were able to enjoy it as much as we did! There are many festivals such as this one that will be scheduled throughout the summer and into the fall. Give us a call when you are ready to book another trip!

Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Given the seasonal rate, I was not amazed by this hotel. Paying $280 a night for this room was not a great value, but I think this relates more to the location than the hotel. The room was good, the bar was okay, the pool was closed for part of the trip. The breakfast was not amazing, but certainly adequate. Also, the service for the breakfast was very good. I was very impressed with the staff at the hotel, always very courteous.

Room Tip: Stay in a high number or low number room, they are furthest from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sbuescher
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

First, awesome location next to the beach. Second, Tanner the manager offered absolute legendary customer service. Not only did I go to the wrong hotel but she made a reservation for me at her hotel. Awesome service period. The hotel is nice and tidy and the rooms are great. Recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure. Lastly, awesome breakfast and a must see the spread...

Top five hotels I have stayed and the service is wonderful

Room Tip: Good service and great location
Green Features: Very good.. They do recycle and very conscientious of the environment.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ricanranger
Thank you for such a fabulous review, and I am so thrilled to hear that you were able to stay with us and had a fantastic time! We take great pride in the cleanliness and comfortability of our hotel. Please come and see us in the future, we would love to show another excellent time.

Altavista, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at Courtyard during Memorial Day. We usually stay at the North location; but decided to try this location (South). Hotel was very clean and management was helpful as always. Check in was a breeze, everyone was very friendly. Would recommend again.

Room Tip: 7th floor was good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 10Ocean10
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel! We are always pleased to hear that one of our guests has had a nice stay. I am glad that you decided to give us a try, though our sister property is a great hotel as well. We would love to see you again, please give us call when you are ready to make another reservation!

Spotsylvania, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel at least every other year for more years than I can remember now; and it's perfect! I don't particularly like staying at hotels. The noise, lack of space, people you have to deal with, via renting a home. But as this is a location 2 out of my 4 enjoy and I never have a solid week to rent out a home in this area, hotel it is! I've stayed at plenty, even here at VA Beach, but when I found this one, the searching was finally over. I have two teens, my husband and myself; and we need a nice, clean, non-smoking place to stay. When we go we rent the Presidential Suite, which is quite large in the way of hotel rooms you find at the beach. There's actually just over 800sqft with this suite!
Pros: Large and roomy, two balconies (side by side but are not attached. 1 from living room, 1 from bedroom), open/large bathroom, toaster, sm. freezer/fridge, 2 closets, large exec. desk with exec. chair, and french doors leading from bedroom with King bed into the living with pull out Queen sofa, free internet, and pool & restaurant on bottom level (as well as free computers with internet access/printer), and employees that are almost always happy to serve.
**Though one trip we ran into an irate maid who'd just gotten fired and backed into our car upon tearing out--but I was compensated and the manager took my concerns well.
Cons: It's a bit further down on the beach at 25th. More of the entertainment as well as if you love being on the beach (whether it be frolicking in the surf, sunbathing, or looking for seashells/shark teeth) is better further up. I'd suggest no further than 12th street if this is important to you. Aside from that, can't think of any problems here at the Courtyard by Marriott.
The restaurant is excellent, with no need to leave for well made and served food. No matter what time you call concierge, they're always willing to send up extra things (we always need towels, sheets, pillows and blankets). They also have a small snack shop right there that also has a few breakfast things as well as sodas, gatorade, ice cream, and snacking food. Open at all hours, as it's right next to their desk/lobby.
Of all the hotels I've ever been to, this one is by far the best. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, and hospitable place to stay; whether it's for a couple or a family, THIS is the place will satisfy your need for a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TyleeteBruce
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us such a wonderful review. The presidential suite is fabulous, I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying in that room type! It is also good to hear that you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool and market! The Bistro food is awesome, they have a wonderful variety of healthy choices for ervy meal of the day. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Onancock, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live about an hour away from Virginia Beach and this was the first time we visited and spent the night. Virginia Beach oceanfront is beautifully kept, clean and one of the best beaches we have visited from Cape Cod to Key West. The Courtyard here lives up to all of Marriott standards and its oceanfront rooms were delightful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OnancockRealtor
Thank you for your review of our property! I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. The beach here is kept in immaculate condition, making it a great place to get away for the day and relax! Thus far, it is one of the best beaches I have ever visited as well. We hope that you will join us again in the future, even if it is only for a day!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you're not familiar with Atlantic Avenue, let me tell you... it is very long. Marriott's 2501 location is at the epicenter of all the magic. When researching hotels to stay for our vacation I must have visited at least 10 of the websites for other boardwalk hotels but kept coming back to this one! All rooms are oceanfront, oversized and immaculate. The service was superb and the views right on the water. Who knew I could Dolphin watch from the balcony on my hotel?

Room Tip: I would stay here again. Get a room on a high floor (we stayed at 902 which was at the corner and in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erica A
Samantha S, Front Desk Choice at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am so thrilled to hear that you loved our location. The view from our rooms is spectacular. And the dolphins are a great perk! I enjoy watching them in the morning as the sun is rising. We hope to see you again, and let us know when you are planning to visit!