“GREAT WEEKEND TRIP”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Altavista, Virginia
“GREAT WEEKEND TRIP”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at Courtyard during Memorial Day. We usually stay at the North location; but decided to try this location (South). Hotel was very clean and management was helpful as always. Check in was a breeze, everyone was very friendly. Would recommend again.

Room Tip: 7th floor was good
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 10Ocean10
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel! We are always pleased to hear that one of our guests has had a nice stay. I am glad that you decided to give us a try, though our sister property is a great hotel as well. We would love to see you again, please give us call when you are ready to make another reservation!

Samantha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've been coming to this hotel at least every other year for more years than I can remember now; and it's perfect! I don't particularly like staying at hotels. The noise, lack of space, people you have to deal with, via renting a home. But as this is a location 2 out of my 4 enjoy and I never have a solid week to rent out a home in this area, hotel it is! I've stayed at plenty, even here at VA Beach, but when I found this one, the searching was finally over. I have two teens, my husband and myself; and we need a nice, clean, non-smoking place to stay. When we go we rent the Presidential Suite, which is quite large in the way of hotel rooms you find at the beach. There's actually just over 800sqft with this suite!
Pros: Large and roomy, two balconies (side by side but are not attached. 1 from living room, 1 from bedroom), open/large bathroom, toaster, sm. freezer/fridge, 2 closets, large exec. desk with exec. chair, and french doors leading from bedroom with King bed into the living with pull out Queen sofa, free internet, and pool & restaurant on bottom level (as well as free computers with internet access/printer), and employees that are almost always happy to serve.
**Though one trip we ran into an irate maid who'd just gotten fired and backed into our car upon tearing out--but I was compensated and the manager took my concerns well.
Cons: It's a bit further down on the beach at 25th. More of the entertainment as well as if you love being on the beach (whether it be frolicking in the surf, sunbathing, or looking for seashells/shark teeth) is better further up. I'd suggest no further than 12th street if this is important to you. Aside from that, can't think of any problems here at the Courtyard by Marriott.
The restaurant is excellent, with no need to leave for well made and served food. No matter what time you call concierge, they're always willing to send up extra things (we always need towels, sheets, pillows and blankets). They also have a small snack shop right there that also has a few breakfast things as well as sodas, gatorade, ice cream, and snacking food. Open at all hours, as it's right next to their desk/lobby.
Of all the hotels I've ever been to, this one is by far the best. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, and hospitable place to stay; whether it's for a couple or a family, THIS is the place will satisfy your need for a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TyleeteBruce
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us such a wonderful review. The presidential suite is fabulous, I'm happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed staying in that room type! It is also good to hear that you were able to take advantage of our indoor pool and market! The Bistro food is awesome, they have a wonderful variety of healthy choices for ervy meal of the day. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future!

Onancock, Virginia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We live about an hour away from Virginia Beach and this was the first time we visited and spent the night. Virginia Beach oceanfront is beautifully kept, clean and one of the best beaches we have visited from Cape Cod to Key West. The Courtyard here lives up to all of Marriott standards and its oceanfront rooms were delightful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OnancockRealtor
Thank you for your review of our property! I am happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. The beach here is kept in immaculate condition, making it a great place to get away for the day and relax! Thus far, it is one of the best beaches I have ever visited as well. We hope that you will join us again in the future, even if it is only for a day!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you're not familiar with Atlantic Avenue, let me tell you... it is very long. Marriott's 2501 location is at the epicenter of all the magic. When researching hotels to stay for our vacation I must have visited at least 10 of the websites for other boardwalk hotels but kept coming back to this one! All rooms are oceanfront, oversized and immaculate. The service was superb and the views right on the water. Who knew I could Dolphin watch from the balcony on my hotel?

Room Tip: I would stay here again. Get a room on a high floor (we stayed at 902 which was at the corner and in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erica A
Samantha S, Front Desk Choice at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! I am so thrilled to hear that you loved our location. The view from our rooms is spectacular. And the dolphins are a great perk! I enjoy watching them in the morning as the sun is rising. We hope to see you again, and let us know when you are planning to visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was in the perfect location and our Presidential Suite was awesome! The hotel is modern and the hotel staff were great. Please note that the indoor pool is rather small and only goes to 5ft. I'm not sure if there is an outdoor pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. I apologize for our pool being on the smaller side, and we actually do not have an outdoor pool. But we have the ocean! If you and your family choose to vacation in Virginia Beach another time, please let us know. We would love to host you again.

Milford, DE
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly, could not give me my free Marriott Rewards upgrade because the hotel was full but gave me coupons for free breakfast for 2 days. All rooms are oceanfront and our room was a nice size and very clean. My granddaughter enjoyed the indoor pool. Unfortunately our free breakfast in the Bistro was horrible! The biscuits with gravy was so salty I could not eat it. The scrambled eggs were so dry I could not eat it. I Finally settled for a bagel. They charge $10.00 per person and it was worse than the complimentary breakfast you get at Residence Inn or Springhill Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Samantha S, Front Desk Agent at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for review and for letting us know where we can improve. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable, and that your granddaughter had a blast in our pool! I am sorry that The Bistro's buffet breakfast was less than desirable; your feedback has been passed on and we are taking steps to improve our food selection's quality. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you at the oceanfront again soon!

-Samantha
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just got back from this hotel. We were really happy. All the rooms are ocean front, the prices are reasonable and it is right on the board walk and the beach. This hotel as excellent service as well. I enjoyed it's proximity to bars and restaurants as well as the beautiful stretch of beach. The Bistro has limited hours but there are plenty of other places to eat within a short walking distance. The pool was warm and the hot tub great, Both overlook the boardwalk and beach. I recommend this hotel unconditionally. Enjoy

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front so it doesn't really matter. We were on the 9th floor and heard no noi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stevesin4u
Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words, we are thrilled to hear that you had an excellent stay! Our location is key, seeing as we are right in the middle of everything. I enjoy the view from our hotel as well, it really is amazing. We hope that you and your family will join us again, please contact us the next time you're planning a vacation!

-Samantha