I stayed at this hotel a year ago, in February 2012, and it was a horrible experience. The reason was because they mistakenly put me on a floor that was undergoing renovations, and I didn't discover until the following morning that there was no hot water on the entire floor! While the situation was rectified (I was given temporary access to a room on another floor so I could shower and get ready for a business meeting), it left me extremely disappointed and wondering how such an oversight could happen. Neverthless, I decided to give the hotel a second chance a year later and I'm glad I did.
The hotel renovations are now complete, and the first thing I noticed was a fresh, new entry foyer and breakfast/restaurant area. The colors are bright and bold and lend a chic touch to the ground floor. I was eager to see the renovated guest rooms. They did a very nice job. While I think some of the aspects were unchanged (wallpaper, some fixtures, same old noisy heat/AC unit), overall the room had a comfortable and sophisticated look with the new furniture and upgrades, and was very conducive to getting work done (the "old" desk chairs, for example, were red pleather that were uncomfortable and in various stages of cracking/peeling. The new ones are comfy and modern). This isn't your normal Courtyard - plus every room has a beautiful oceanfront view which isn't something I'm used to seeing on business trips!
This property really redeemed itself in my eyes. The front desk people as well as the folks at the breakfast bistro were friendly, outgoing, and energetic. They don't pretend you're invisible - not a single employee passed by without making eye contact and saying hello. They are doing something right at this hotel and I will surely stay here again the next time my travels take me to Virginia Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you’re looking for hotels in Virginia Beach, VA, you'll love the spectacular views and location of our Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront South. Our hotel is located along the Virginia Beach boardwalk in the heart of this beachfront resort, minutes from Oceana Naval Air Station and Dam Neck. All of our spacious rooms and suites feature private, furnished balconies with ocean views, comfortable bedding, and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Our Virginia Beach oceanfront hotel also offers one-bedroom suites and Jacuzzi rooms. Drop by our oceanfront cafe for a wonderful breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Enjoy great local events like the Rock n Roll Half Marathon, Boardwalk Art Show, and Neptune Festival. Visit the nearby Virginia Beach Convention Center. Unwind in our indoor pool, whirlpool, or fitness room. If you're planning an event or business retreat, let us know - our largest space hosts up to 60. Few hotels in Virginia Beach, VA can match our great location, so make a reservation today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Virginia Beach Oceanfront / South Hotel Virginia Beach
- Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Virginia Beach Marriott
- Virginia Beach Courtyard