Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South
Comfort Suites Beachfront(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$266
ComfortSuites
$311
Country Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$121
$335
$309
GardenInn.com
$374
$363
Hilton.com
  • Beachfront
Oceanaire Resort Hotel(Virginia Beach)
$433
$295
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Oceanfront Virginia Beach(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$329
Best Western Plus Sandcastle Beachfront Hotel(Virginia Beach)(Great Value!)
$260
$240
$378
$349
Hampton.com
Ocean Beach Club(Virginia Beach)
$335
  • Pool
All reviewspresidential suiterande gainescourtyard by marriottfront deskcorner suitebreakfast buffetvirginia beach oceanfronttop floorindoor poolocean viewacross the streetoff seasonhousekeeping staffmini fridgerandyboardwalkbalcony
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I know its a little late but better late than never! I stayed with friends last year for the Shamrock half marathon! Virginia beach was packed! but this hotel still managed to make us feel welcomed and give us the Marriott treatment you would expect! I can honestly say that i was pleased with the rooms and public areas throughout the three night stay and would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Tanner D, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very proud of our great staff members and pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience! The Courtyard by Marriott is newly renovated as of last year with all oceanfront rooms and a refreshed lobby space.

We can't wait to have you return for a future stay!

Tanner

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a great place to stay on the boardwalk. We stayed in a corner suite with a balcony facing the beach. Perfect accomodations. Very nice accomodating staff. Great view of the ocean. We didn't reuire daily housekeeping and even though that was the case for us, housekeeping would leave a bag on our door with fresh supplies anyway! What we didn't like is that you are promised 1 parking space per room. That is not the case. If you are one of the unlucky ones, you have to surrender your keys to a valet who parks your car across the street. The fighter jets that fly over from 8am until 11pm...SUCK. The noise is atrocious and unbearable. There was a crazy broad yelling at the top of her lungs at 3am one night, but after 1/2 hour of tolerating this, I called down to the front desk and they put a stop to that! The little dining area and barb have a very limited menu, plan on eating out! Don't waste your time renting the double bikes with a roof on them. They cost too much and they are too hard to work. Three great places to eat: Mahi Mahs-on the boardwalk, Doc Taylors and Tautogs. Happy Vacation!

Room Tip: try for a corner suite up high, great views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LisaVidMal
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I want to share my experience at the Courtyard Marriott South at Virginia Beach, Virginia. Of course the room accomodations were excellent but what I want to share is my experience with one very wonderful lady in housekeepking.

I have a great fear of elevators and my friend reserved the room on the 11th floor and I was by myself for most of the day. One day, I had decided that somehow, I was going to get on that elevator and go downstairs on it. When I walked out of my room "Alice" spoke to me with such excitement and happiness that I felt so good just from seeing her. As I approached the elevator, that fear began to rise again and I turned around and asked Alice if she would do me a favor and ride with me downstairs in the elevator. She, without no hesitation, said she would be glad too and rode and comforted me all the way down.

I had to write this because for me, that was the best service I had ever gotten at any hotel..

Thanks Marriott for hiring such valuable employees and Thanks Alice for being there for me!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaVerneB_13
Christopher T, General Manager at Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront/South, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for the great comments about Alice! I’ll be sure to pass them along to her. Alice has been a longtime associate at our hotel with a great reputation for going above and beyond for whatever our guests require, and I’m glad she was able to make your stay at our hotel more enjoyable!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and sharing your comments with others.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel was very nice, with a great view of the ocean. Very clean hotel,; The management was the Best! Rande , thank you & your staff for their hospitality. I would recommend your hotel to all my friends visiting Virginia Beach.

Room Tip: Great restaurant for breakfast is Dr.TAYLOR. Ask Rande
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Board of health determined that this Marriot had bed bugs. My friend had to go to the emergency room. Marriot tried to deny it, and they probably will continue on that path. I saw her room and it was discusting. All of my belongings had to be thrown out or sprayed. When I returned home, I threw out my suitcase and many other items. I wish they would have been more proactive in giving me some compensation, such as paying for laundrey, etc. They did not! I was there on business (training) for 10 days. Because of this, I couldn't sleep........what a shame!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
13  Thank liketotravel41

I’m sorry to hear of your experience and regret that I did not have a chance to speak with you personally when you were here as I was out of town on business. However, another member of our management team spoke with you during your stay, and the follow up report you requested from the board of health would have confirmed that no bedbugs were found in your room. It’s my commitment that every guest who stays with us has an enjoyable stay, and I would encourage you to reach out to me directly at the hotel phone number if you feel we overlooked something.

The public perception of our hotel, especially on TripAdvisor, is very important to me, as is the accuracy of the information and how our hotel is portrayed to future travelers. As you can see from reading the many other great reviews on our site, our hotel has a long standing commitment and history of providing clean, comfortable guest rooms, a friendly staff, and making our travelers feel at home. I regret that you feel we did not provide this to you, and am always available should you wish to discuss further.

Christopher Thiele